The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
32,636 Posts
I like the Stelux President as well Neil, for me the thing with the Aussie pogue, is the one i'm offered legit ?(not been offered one) we have all seen the brochure example so they exist but the one I could be offered is it a franken to make it more desirable or is it a Hong Kong/Aussie pogue ?

Now if it had been a yellow dial with say a orange inner bezel, not used on anything else only the Hong Kong/Aussie then that (imo) would have been collectible but in this day and age just changing the yellow bezel for a black doesent do it for me and guys will do that if it could make more money.

I did for my AP. I really like the Stelux bracelet, much more substantial, and comfier, than the H-link.

Ironically, my AP gets very little wrist time, but I really like it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I like the Stelux President as well Neil, for me the thing with the Aussie pogue, is the one i'm offered legit ?(not been offered one) we have all seen the brochure example so they exist but the one I could be offered is it a franken to make it more desirable or is it a Hong Kong/Aussie pogue ?

Now if it had been a yellow dial with say a orange inner bezel, not used on anything else only the Hong Kong/Aussie then that (imo) would have been collectible but in this day and age just changing the yellow bezel for a black doesent do it for me and guys will do that if it could make more money.
I completely agree with your point - there are so many frankens (and outright fake) pogues for sale it's a lottery.

To fake an AP, like all Pogues, is easy enough as long as you have access to the correct parts (and questionable morals). But the Stelux bracelet itself is worth a good bit and (as far as my limited knowledge goes) Roman day wheels are not so common as other language day wheels, so it makes me wonder if there would be much profit in it? I suppose it would be dependent on your original question of would you pay more for an Aussie pogue?

It does infuriate me when you see the blatant mongrels and fakes being peddled on eBay, and I feel for the poor sods that unwittingly buy into the chaff of the sales pitch.

I'm going to put my soap box away now :ROFLMAO:

·
Special Member
2,837 Posts
Aussie Pogue = The Tootsie Pop of Seiko's

I’m angry that 38 people gave that a thumbs-down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
2,837 Posts
Ok, I got it in from Tom today and put it on a NOS Stellux. You have to admit it’s lovely!

·
Special Member
3,327 Posts
WoW . . . Early Aussie Proof Pogue on a Stelux :) What a Beauty. I don't think I have ever seen a Stelux Bracelet with center links that look quite like that . . . What a Rebel :) I Love it!

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Looks great Tod!

Glad it made it through the Maze of the USPS system after a round about trip..............lol

·
Special Member
2,837 Posts
I have the Evil Twin of Tod‘s Aussie “proof“ ... haven’t sent it to the spa yet. Note the crown, which is in the traditional “vintage Pogue” configuration ;)

View attachment 466208
Wow Brian, that will clean up amazingly. The dial is in incredible shape.

·
Special Member
2,837 Posts
WoW . . . Early Aussie Proof Pogue on a Stelux :) What a Beauty. I don't think I have ever seen a Stelux Bracelet with center links that look quite like that . . . What a Rebel :) I Love it!
Thanks Kyle! I bought a couple of these when they came up for sale a couple of years ago (I wish I got more) from SE Asia. The end links that came with it are for a different Seiko, not sure which one. So I picked up some with the right center spacing. I really like the look.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts