The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Spectacular ! 8)

(and not as small as I would expect on a solid-gold watch).

I hope you will also let us know how the accuracy is :)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Simply Elegant, Pure Class , When you have time , I would love to see the Strap in a Fulll pic, and your thoughts
on the Quality of the Strap. Thanks The Watch speaks for it's self.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
A masterpiece indeed! 8)

Love the cushion case and the ample "vista" style dial.

Enjoy it Stefan. Another superb addition to one of the best high end Seiko collections in the world today.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Wait a minute, is that one f the modern reissues of the Astron, or is it an original one? Both are impressive, but if that is an original, then you have got to be the single most dedicated seiko collector I've ever met. I'm guessing since you mentioned Seiya that this is one of the modern ones right? Can you tell us anything about how it compares to the original. Thanks stefan.

gabe

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isthmus said:
Wait a minute, is that one f the modern reissues of the Astron, or is it an original one? Both are impressive, but if that is an original, then you have got to be the single most dedicated seiko collector I've ever met. I'm guessing since you mentioned Seiya that this is one of the modern ones right? Can you tell us anything about how it compares to the original. Thanks stefan.

gabe
Gabe, this is one of the 100 originals. Mine is from June 1970.
Only the buckle is from the SCQZ002 (still 18K). Seiya was very helpful getting it all together.

It is nice, heavy and big. Let's see if the accuracy is anywhere near the +/- 5s per month.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
8) congrats on this rare gem, literally. ;D

Will we see an in depth review and pics to come? Would love to see this one up close and personal, a whole 360 degree pictorial perhaps? lol.

Look forward to your observations. Enjoy the new one. :)

Cheers, Dave.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
MolleS said:
Gabe, this is one of the 100 originals. Mine is from June 1970.
Only the buckle is from the SCQZ002 (still 18K). Seiya was very helpful getting it all together.

It is nice, heavy and big. Let's see if the accuracy is anywhere near the +/- 5s per month.

I think Seiko missed a huge opportunity with the 2010 Astron re-issue. I like the original much better.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Tell me about it. Stefan, could we impose with a request for a really thorough review of the watch with lots of pictures? It just might be one of the best information sources for the Astron if such a thing existed. Maybe you and Martin could collaborate and chime in with your insights as the watch compares to other products of the era?

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
If the new 2010 40th anniversary Astron retails for nearly USD $5,000, I cringe to think how much the original 1969 edition in Gold would cost. My guess this one is at least USD $10,000. Am I right? :-\

1 - 20 of 25 Posts