The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scene from the movie, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans -- Nicolas Cage's character is questioning a suspect that is wearing two watches on the same wrist. Couldn't tell if they were Japanese or Swiss watches though. 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
In a recent documentary on television on world war 2 about Winston Churchill and a special flight organised specially to transport WC to a rendevous with other Allied leaders, there was a bit of footage of a navigator on an aircraft who was wearing two watches on his wrist, perhaps on this special flight. The flight crew were American. Does anyone have knowledge of why two watches may be worn? (my guesses include a. if one broke down b. two watches for different time zones c. one watch was on time the other was used as a timer say counting down to 1200 hrs for complex route changes d. the navigator was a founding member of the original watch forum and was just unable to decide what day it was for to wear what watch...

Does anyone know the real reason??? Please tell me...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ermmm, the answer is (D)? ;)

I would hazard to guess that one would take the average of the two so that the error would be halved. . .

Mind you the movements on those watches were pretty reliable, especially if WC was on board the flight and had to meet other counterparts on time! Whoever was late to arrive had to foot the dinner bill!

·
Registered
94 Posts
byke369 said:
In a recent documentary on television on world war 2 about Winston Churchill and a special flight organised specially to transport WC to a rendevous with other Allied leaders, there was a bit of footage of a navigator on an aircraft who was wearing two watches on his wrist, perhaps on this special flight. The flight crew were American. Does anyone have knowledge of why two watches may be worn? (my guesses include a. if one broke down b. two watches for different time zones c. one watch was on time the other was used as a timer say counting down to 1200 hrs for complex route changes d. the navigator was a founding member of the original watch forum and was just unable to decide what day it was for to wear what watch...

Does anyone know the real reason??? Please tell me...
Maybe one watch was on UTC time and the other was set to the time of the location that they were flying to.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
2 watches on the same wrist? That's just silly. I'm waiting for the day that someone invents a Smart phone holder that you can strap to your wrist. You can then carry your Ipod/android device on your wrist like the Predator used to. No that's one bad ass WIS. Here is a pic of one, see the computer on his left forearm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts