The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack is my go to man. Just did some work on one of my Arnolds and my birth year 6309. Excellent guy to have work on your watches. Shipping to and from was a breeze. Fast turnaround. Great communication. Good price. I'll be sending him more work for sure. Thanks Jack!

·
Registered
249 Posts
What service did he do to the Arnie?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a pressure test finatic, but I also needed a new crystal and I asked him to clean everything and check out the movement to make sure it was housed correctly, Felt loose. New gaskets and a battery. The bezel was sticking too.

Actually I have 2 other Arnies I plan to have him replace the shrouds on next. Not sure if you saw the post with us all talking about the shrouds a few days ago... Going for after market coated ones.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the after market aluminum powder-coated black shroud on my Seiko H601-5480 "Arnie Cousin".

I highly recommend it !!

Jack did some work for me a while back on an Omega Flightmaster and I certainly would recommend him if you can handle the wait time...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to ask our friend in Brazil Chris, if thats the same shroup I'm gearing up to buy. If I remeber correctly there are or were, 2 available.

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Jan-10 said:
I will have to ask our friend in Brazil Chris, if thats the same shroup I'm gearing up to buy. If I remeber correctly there are or were, 2 available.
Yep, Jay. It's Claudio's (a.k.a. ARMSAVER @ ebay) shroud all the way. He's an awesome guy, too. I have bought 2 aftermarket aluminium shrouds for my 2 arnies: one from Claudio, and one form Tim Cook, the first ever guy to produce aluminium shrouds for the arnies. Unfortunately, he doesn't produce them anymore. If you think armsaver's shrouds are expensive at $60, what about Tim's at $135 at the time he had them for sale?! :(

So yes, Claudio's product seems a nice bargain comparing the 2 prices. If I were in your shoes I'd be contacting Claudio asap, in order to secure shrouds for your 2 arnies and H601. By the way, I'm not affiliated with this seller in any way, shape or form. Just feeling comfy to refer a great product that I purchased myself, to my fellow WIS friends. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts