The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They make the world turn around ;)

Here in Denmark, the go-to-guys are Poul and Peter Halse. They have fitted NOS gaskets, crystals and crowns on many of my vintage Seiko´s, and last week, I went to see them about a Sumo that I had sold. The watch ran very fast (+4 seconds per minute) when it arrived with the buyer despite the piece running extremely accurate when with me. I took the watch back and went to see my watchmaker. Even on a very busy day he took the time too look at the 6R15 movement. In two minutes he saw what the problem was and fixed it. He put the watch in his "timing machine" and looked at it and said: "It looks to be ok now". He walked a few steps and came back and looked at the readings again and said: "This movement runs bloody well !". He then went about his business on the busy day in the shop :)

My advice: Try to visit Your local Seiko AD and watchmaker before going into cyberspace for parts - they might be able to help You out ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Almost certainly due to knocks during postal handling.

Most likely a hairspring issue. On some 7S26 (early ones I think), it is very easy for the hairspring to get 'snagged' on the regulator pins, or jump out of the
pins altogether. Simple fix.

Hard knocks can move the regulator arm out of position as well, but this will result in much smaller changes.

Anil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts