The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
I've no problem with them - I've always said that the watch and market have to be taken in context. In Thailand the King is seen as a demi-god and held in very high regard.
The colour yellow เหลือง leuuang is strongly associated with the royal family- the "yellow shirts" being the fervent royalist political party.
The hotter the country is , the louder the colours you can wear - shirts included!.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
That yellow sumo is just fabulous Barry, I baulked at paying £700 quid for one when they were selling on ebay two or three years ago, wish I'd bit the bullet now:banghead::banghead::banghead: I am green with envy

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Sorry for hijacking your thread barryw. But those Thialand limited editions got me thinking...

It's a quick and dirty photoshop mockup for it being late and the fact that I should be in bed dreaming of watches.

I copied one of my favourite MarineMaster pictures from google. Hope whoever it belongs to doesn't mind.

I wouldn't say no to an orange dialled MM300

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Some nice Thai LE models, I do actually like the yellow Sumo.

The only Thai LE I have is the Alba Ji Dai that I purchased in Bangkok quite a few years ago.

It has an interesting wavy textured dial and blue hand set.

I think that Seiko Thailand should be commended for producing LE models for their local market and it would be nice to see other regions doing similar things.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Some nice Thai LE models, I do actually like the yellow Sumo.

The only Thai LE I have is the Alba Ji Dai that I purchased in Bangkok quite a few years ago.

I think that Seiko Thailand should be commended for producing LE models for their local market and it would be nice to see other regions doing similar things.
Mine says hello! First time I saw one of these I hated it. Now I love it. Go figure. But yeah, that yellow Sumo is something!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I agree it is . But what is suprising is also how nice the black/green one is too. Thinking about it - i think its the only green watch i have .

I think
i have been considering buying the black/green for quite a while, but just have been apprehensive about the black bits. i have a couple of the yellow ;)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have been considering buying the black/green for quite a while, but just have been apprehensive about the black bits. i have a couple of the yellow ;)
Nah don't be worried about the black bits, its the green you should be worried about😯

1 - 17 of 17 Posts