The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay...i was able to add t his pic but icannot add others... it tells me that the pics are to big....hhhmmm, do i need to resize them?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hi Cindy!

Well, I think the other pictures just didn’t look as good as the first one, so the built in editor software rejected them! ;D

And if you were trying to load them directly to the forum server, perhaps they were too large, either in the number of pixels (more thah 800 x 600) or in filesize ( >1Mb?). Those are some typical limits when utilizing 'free' storage on forum servers.

I'm not sure if the forum's limits are posted anywhere, or if it uses limits like this, but I would imagine it does.

If you have hours of free time, you could probably discover the limits by experimentation, or wait for a moderator to kick in here, and there may be a special forum here for these "problems with the forum" questions, or you could post in the sticky thread at the top of the forum about posting pictures and see if Gabe can help!

Good luck!

- Thomas "MotoWatch"

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ;) ... i do believe the pixel size is what i was looking for. at one time, i thought there was a post with the size limits of the pics but i could not find it. i will experiment to see what happens.

i appreciate you help...

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
IIRC the forum automatically resizes images to a maximum of 800x1200. if they are larger than that limit. I do believe there is a max file size though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts