The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I am again asking probably another bone question (I apologise to everyone for this).
Whilst I'm trying to find out wether or not I can get my snapped stem drilled out of my crown, is there another crown that will fit and not look out of place on the 6105 movement in a 8110 case? Again thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
well on the 8110 the crown is very unique and has the locking feature...it would be best to find a original one...they are not that hard to find one.....hey you should post some pics of your watch too...we all would love to see it...John

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As requested, ok bear with me as its not finished ok, basically I have just finished checking and replacing parts on the movement that needed replacing due to rust etc. I'm still encountering problems like the date wheel alignment and lack of stem which I'm awaiting delivery of, so the misaligned dial in the case is just where it's slipped around, I think the case is the safest place to keep the movement between work as I only really get a couple of hours spare a week to work on watches.
Well here's the first picture

Here's the missing movement ring that I need, the rest had rusted into the movement

As you can see its a work in progress and still needs alot to finish off, I'm having to work on a very tight budget so at the moment £30 plus on a new crown isn't an option but I'll get there in the end

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
But still look at it this way..........

You still have and own a ....6105, and its yours.
Its not all the questions asked, if you don't ask how will you
find out what is what. Thats being with a lot of effort when
done. Many would just feel like its silly , but when questions
are asked............. " Results Follow ".
:3tens::72::sign0098:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
well you have done great work..looks amazing so far...that is a great find for sure...i love the patina too...there must be someone on her with a extra crown for sale..just post a wtb in the trading post and someone will reply...we take care of each other on here...you can polish out that crystal too...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys, as for polishing out the crystal, what would you suggest for the removal of the scratches? I did read the post on polishing out scratches but I don't own a small dremel type tool at the moment, so any solutions welcomed as to what product to use etc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts