The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been chasing a teal 7548 for a little while and was alerted by a couple of forum members that one was available on Yahoo Japan.
Back in February this year a nicer example sold for around $2340 USD.
With this in mind I set out to try and buy my first teal 7548 and fell woefully short.
The auction just finished and it went for $3350 USD.
The chase continues.

Watch White Light Product Font

Watch Analog watch White Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
63 Posts
With the downtrend in Rolex and Patek prices, teal Seiko quartz watches are the new investment pieces.
Just imagine if Seiko put “Tiffany” on the dial. $3350? Nah, $33,500.

Really though, the teal 7548 is growing on me, but that auction close price is a little hard to swallow. Can always keep your eyes peeled on Mercari as well.

·
Special Member
2,441 Posts
I was watching that one also.

I thought $2k was a crazy amount of money for a 7548 with a teal dial. This recent hammer price is another level - and with a beat up bezel/insert.

As much as I’d like to have one to add to my 7548-70XX collection, I would never pay these prices. More power to those who want to

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't help but think what some of these excellent examples which popped up in this thread by @Jim W would fetch.

Or was this latest price just a bit of an anomaly?
Time will tell I suppose.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is a very nice Teal. The dial and hands are in very good shape. A better bezel is easy to source.
I am not surprised it got a lot bids and sold for a bundle too.
Hi Jim, I agree the only let down was the bezel but I've been chasing a better bezel for my 7548-701A for over a year with no luck.
Any assistance on where I should be looking?

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Finger

·
Registered
297 Posts
Clearly I'm out of the 'game' but can anyone explain why the price on these is so high? Is it simply 'rarity'?

I haven't seen one of these in the metal, so I'm not sure how alluring they can be (to justify the prices), but if these go for such amounts, I don't want to think how much a white 7c43 (a personal grail) would fetch seeing as I've literally only seen, at most, 3 of those online over the course of many years.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Clearly I'm out of the 'game' but can anyone explain why the price on these is so high? Is it simply 'rarity'?

I haven't seen one of these in the metal, so I'm not sure how alluring they can be (to justify the prices), but if these go for such amounts, I don't want to think how much a white 7c43 (a personal grail) would fetch seeing as I've literally only seen, at most, 3 of those online over the course of many years.
I ask myself the same question.
As we know just being rare alone does not always translate to high price.
For me it's a combination of rarity, very cool and unusual dial colour, iconic case design which is very wearable, black and gold bezel insert and the great 7548 quartz movement.
Those who have seen the watch in real life may have further to add.
I would also imagine there are 7548 collectors out there who are chasing the full set of dial colours.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts