The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
34,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we know the 6139 covers a lot of models a little like the 6309 designation covers many many models.

The 6139-6XXXs seems to have been produced in large numbers, more than the 6309-704X ?

I wonder how many 6139-6XXX have been produced over the years, as a case shape not rare just the occasional model within the range is rare it would seem, Silver Proof for example.

·
Poet Laureate
1,196 Posts
I'm betting some of those cheap 80s quartz watches outnumber them by an order of magnitude

·
First Lady
2,066 Posts
They must have made a whole lot of them, and sent them all over the world. My newest blue dial has an English/French day/date wheel, which I think is cool. As many as are still out there, it is getting more difficult to find all original examples. Because demand is high, Frankens and Feikos seem to proliferate the market place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Ultimate Collector
3,418 Posts
I think the Blue Pogues are probably most numerous. They were available throughout 6139 production.

·
Craftsman
4,114 Posts
My favorite model number by far. There are so many different variants that provide a never ending collecting extravaganza. Just guessing I'd say I have 75% of the 6139 offerings. Many complete sets but several, out of reach, unobtainable models due to Crazy prices I just can't justify.

·
First Lady
2,066 Posts
My favorite model number by far. There are so many different variants that provide a never ending collecting extravaganza. Just guessing I'd say I have 75% of the 6139 offerings. Many complete sets but several, out of reach, unobtainable models due to Crazy prices I just can't justify.
I’m thrilled I will own 4 completely original ones, one gold dial, one silver dial, one blue dial, and a blue proof. The best part, all 4 will have been completely serviced by Sir Alan…. I can’t imagine how some of you guys can afford a box full….

·
Craftsman
4,114 Posts
I’m thrilled I will own 4 completely original ones, one gold dial, one silver dial, one blue dial, and a blue proof. The best part, all 4 will have been completely serviced by Sir Alan…. I can’t imagine how some of you guys can afford a box full….

If you're Simon, John, David, Guy, Duncan, or myself among others: Service work is "In House".
Otherwise we'd be in the Poor House............:)

Light Musical instrument Automotive lighting Musical instrument accessory Font

Watch Analog watch Light Black Clock

·
Special Member
3,473 Posts
Reactions: SeikoPsycho2

·
Special Member
3,473 Posts
Yes, and I’m putting food on the table for Tom, John, Simon, and others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
First Lady
2,066 Posts
Yes, and I’m putting food on the table for Tom, John, Simon, and others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me, too, though only Simon’s…. I’m sending him two more, and, as we speak, he is working on another.

·
Special Member
3,473 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts