The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been fascinated by movement decoration, whether perlage, Geneva stripes or engraving.
I'm also interested in mods beyond the usual swapping of hands, dials and bezel etc.

Has anyone done any mods beyond the usual? Things like movement decoration, modding of the movement itself or anything else. Please post picks - we would love to see them. Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've always thought it would be cool to laser engrave a rotor, but have never got around to it, and all the rotors on my watches already have manufacturer logos etc on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Good question. Beyond the modifications you referred to, I'm half expecting some one to engrave one of the shrouds that John makes. Figure they offer up a sizable canvas?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't know how to put a link in really, an old post of mine hope this works. A couple of mods here for you

http://www.thewatchsite.com/20-mod-...132786-my-unique-seiko-7a28-7110-ssay078.html

Regards Phil
That's what I had in mind. Nice work - you and one other watch on another forum are the only ones I've seen that go beyond the standard stuff. The other one was a Orient Mako with the Day advance button removed and the case hole filled.

The boss, the guvnor, the big cheese, the apex predator, and more importantly the host of this wonderful forum.
John is John Bentley, aka 'The Tiger' of TST fame.;)
To illustrate my point - a thread from a while ago. I post about 3/4 of the way through about this very thing:
http://www.thewatchsite.com/33-off-topic/101097-how-hard-people-sign-end-posts-their-name.html

·
Banned
94 Posts
I would love to see some custom way to do movement decorations, w/o any luck so far, but saw some engraved bezels at "Watches by Nick" website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wish!

I often think it would be cool to anodize the rotor in an appropriate color and put it back in under a clear case back. I heard of someone painting it, but I can't imagine what would happen if so much as one chip came off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts