The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Cameron Swayze was not kidding. I found this looking through a box of old watch stuff, it is the 1st wrist watch I ever owned and at the time a very very big deal to me. I don't remember the exact date but it dates to 1969 and I would have been 11yo then. I remember it as my "home run" watch, my Dad bought it for me the week I hit my 1st home run. It was a prized possession, it was followed with a Caravelle that was very similar, but I could not find that one, I have it somewhere. I later spent big bucks on a Bulova snorkel only to lose it in the Gulf of Mexico. It would be years and years before I would buy my 1st Seiko diver. Mr Swayze was telling the truth, Timex watches keep on ticking, this watch has never been opened, ever, and it still runs when shaken over 50 years later, although I will admit this watch was never given a licking, it had always been kept safe and cherished. I have relocated it to my desk drawer now so I will see it more often. I hope it brings up a smile for anyone reading this.

timex.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
During my mispent youth I did far better taking care of my stuff than my bag of bones:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts