The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a busy day yesterday I decided to have a relax and tidy up some parts that were knocking about and this is the result.

Base was a cosmetically beat up 6309-7040 case but threads and sealing faces superb(perfect TST fodder), 7548 movement, Sumo dial/hands, Sapphire flat crystal, NOS 7548 bezel, sterile chapter ring i thought it would give the dial "depth" the last of my "Big" crowns and obviously gaskets.

Surprising what you have knocking about and you don't realise :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
its been awhile tiger. i hope all is well with the family. the watch is looking fantastic ... good enough to purchase .....

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gotta say John, for a "cobbled" project, that is pretty sweet. In fact I'd go so far to say it's almost "bespoke"!;)
Thanks Russ, it really is a cobbled together parts watch :)

How it goes,

I had a beat up case so i turned it into a TST, the shroud a 1off has a slight mod that i wanted to try out, i've been after a 7548-700C for ages and i finally got one so i decided to put it in this case but the dial hour markers are not the greatest so i decided to bite the bullet and send it to James to be relumed to match the new hands i bought from Stefan, so i then toyed with dropping my spare 62mas dial onto the 7548 movement but unfortunately it dident fit and i wasent prepared to remove the dial feet and then when i was looking through my other dial spares i narrowed it down to the Sumo I thought about using a Stargate but the thought of the Sumo Lume swung me that way and when checking my spare bezels the NOS one popped out at me and there you go.

So nothing planned, just a spur of the moment and circumstances thing :)

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
The World's only Automatic that moves in full 1 second increments !

I wish I had the ability to do stuff like this. Congrats Tiger I really like it even if the movement is 3600 bph.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
After a busy day yesterday I decided to have a relax and tidy up some parts that were knocking about and this is the result.

Base was a cosmetically beat up 6309-7040 case but threads and sealing faces superb(perfect TST fodder), 7548 movement, Sumo dial/hands, Sapphire flat crystal, NOS 7548 bezel, sterile chapter ring i thought it would give the dial "depth" the last of my "Big" crowns and obviously gaskets.

Surprising what you have knocking about and you don't realise :)

Now that's a true "Parts Bin Beauty Queen"! I recently slapped a Pulsar Chrono together from my parts bin, but she's no where near as nice as that!

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
379 Posts
My parts bin beater... not in your league but interesting nevertheless. And of course uses another Sumo dial and sterile chapter ring...

SKX case, 6R15, SARB crown, Sumo dial/hands, brushed chapter ring, sapphire crystal, Murphy bezel and cheap faded insert.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts