The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
If Ed is WatchKelly than he has legit crystals and watches that were Jonathan's. I'd guess that the bracelets also came from his estate.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bay seller name is watchkelly1 doing biz since 2001, i think, cant get to the seller profile on mobile. Maybe he bought the biz from kelly?

He says his name is ed riley and doesn't have an scwf handle.

·
Registered
183 Posts
In reading the description "watchkelly1" states that "I was fortunate to have the opportunity to purchase his entire inventory of Seiko parts." So my best guess is they were purchased from Jonathan's estate.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Well i have some info about Watch Kelly...well i have spoke to him on the phone..he bought quite a bit from Jonathan's estate..and will be selling it a little at a time on the bay...from what he said he did not get a lot of stuff but he did get quite a bit...very nice to deal with and seems like a great guy...he lives very close to where Jonathan lived...God Bless John

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will probably pick up a bracelet then. Just wanted to make sure they were legit but moreso to make sure no one was trying to use John's good name (it's bad to think that people could do that)

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
well that is why i contacted him directly...he sounds very nice and honest..God Bless John

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Glad the question came up was going to ask the same thing

I've ordered a few bits off him recently, some 6105 end links just landed and i'm waiting on a bubble-boy and a fishbone bracelet.

All were bought for very fair prices.....

The 6105 end links are identical to a pair i had off Shawn recently so def swedefreak stuff.

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
Ed's a good guy and did buy what was left of Jonathan's watch related estate.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
As has been mentioned or assumed.....

Ed purchased the remaining inventory of Jonathan's estate after Spencer and I went through and picked the stock clean of the important stuff.

Ed is a nice guy but, he's not a WIS let alone a watch person.....He simply purchases estates and makes a living out of moving the items for a small profit. He actually has no idea what the remaining parts/bracelets belong to so it's been a slow process for him in bringing things to market.

I can assure you that the East Tech Fishbone bracelets are from Jonathan's stock. They were not big sellers so I took very few to sell and left several hundred bracelets on my last trip before the estate auction.
The H-Links bracelets are all completely sold out, in the event that you are wondering

Also, I'll convey a little request from Ed.....
Please do the guy a favor and DO NOT call him.....He was really offended by a SCWF member here pestering him on the phone.

·
Administrator
32,635 Posts
As has been mentioned or assumed.....

Ed purchased the remaining inventory of Jonathan's estate after Spencer and I went through and picked the stock clean of the important stuff.

Ed is a nice guy but, he's not a WIS let alone a watch person.....He simply purchases estates and makes a living out of moving the items for a small profit. He actually has no idea what the remaining parts/bracelets belong to so it's been a slow process for him in bringing things to market.

I can assure you that the East Tech Fishbone bracelets are from Jonathan's stock. They were not big sellers so I took very few to sell and left several hundred bracelets on my last trip before the estate auction.
The H-Links bracelets are all completely sold out, in the event that you are wondering

Also, I'll convey a little request from Ed.....
Please do the guy a favor and DO NOT call him.....He was really offended by a SCWF member here pestering him on the phone.
I can imagine, did he say who ?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Thanks for bringing this question up teatimecrumpet and for the info dsco211. I've added him to my favourite eBay sellers in case something interesting pops up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also bought the fishbone/6105 links from him and am very happy. Shame there are no more H bracelets as I will now have to improvise.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have few East Tech Manufacturing crystals in my stash. I never knew that they were Johnathan's crystals. I am not even sure where I got them from I just remember the name and the different style envelope. I just bought 2 pairs of his end links for the 6105 diver from a member here off the trade board.

Michael

1 - 18 of 18 Posts