The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a small parcel from Ed Riley land earlier this and found a few minutes this morning to fit the bubbleboy to one of my 6309 diver mods. It had already got a slightly domed AR sapphire and i wasn't expecting to see that much difference but damn i was wrong....

Apologies for the slightly crappy pics but you get the idea, this dome is massive! It give a real depth to the dial.

Well worth getting hold of one if they are still available.:grin:

·
Special Member
4,002 Posts
Looks great Andy! They're tricky to photograph, eh? By the way, you have impeccable taste when it comes to bezel inserts....

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,745 Posts
I have to agree, John. I have one on one of my 6309s. It is thoroughly scratched up. Next time the watch needs service, that's coming off, and OEM going on.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have a bubble boy but it's on a 6309 soxa mod. The "most" original of my turtles has it's oem crystal on with all it's scars.

I have replacement flat crystals and still debating whether I should switch it out.

Dome is cool no doubt about it, just not sure if it's for the 6309.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The bubble boy goes with the 6309-7040 case best IMHO. Add a Yobokies hammer bracelet and you've got a combo worthy of Elvis. Subtle? No. Kitsch Cool? Hell yes!

Here's one of mine

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I have to agree, John. I have one on one of my 6309s. It is thoroughly scratched up. Next time the watch needs service, that's coming off, and OEM going on.
Wow, you must be pretty hard on it. I have four Bubble Boys in use and they have all taken some good knocks and not a single scratch on any of them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
looks awesome!! i would take measures to keep the dome safe such as keeping it under cuffs etc. and that is not as hard as i thought. i did wear a huge dial Citizen chrono when i worked as a waiter and not a scratch..dome looks cool!!

·
Special Member
27,740 Posts
Mike, I do have to ask...What does the rest of the Watch look like ? By Chance a Pic ? TIA :cool:

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,745 Posts
I have an issue with my ISP tonight. I'll try to get pix up tomorrow.

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,745 Posts
I need to apologize for my lack of skills with a camera. Here are a few pix of that watch. It's a bit of a beater, worn often in a workshop environment.

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,745 Posts
It has. The crystals of other watches worn in the same conditions are not nearly as scratched. Likely, it was a bad choice for the job.

·
Registered
743 Posts
This one of mine took a glancing blow on the edge of a kitchen cabinet handle which produced a tiny scratch which fortunately is only visible under certain lighting, but it is possible to scratch them without a hard knock. You can just see it close to the 2 o'clock position.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great Andy! They're tricky to photograph, eh?
They are indeed Russ, mind the pics were only quick and dirty ones with my iphone.

Seems like these are marmite type crystals - you either love 'em or hate 'em

·
Special Member
4,002 Posts
This one of mine took a glancing blow on the edge of a kitchen cabinet handle which produced a tiny scratch which fortunately is only visible under certain lighting, but it is possible to scratch them without a hard knock. You can just see it close to the 2 o'clock position.

Good looking mod, Mark!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It has. The crystals of other watches worn in the same conditions are not nearly as scratched. Likely, it was a bad choice for the job.
Indeed. Perhaps a G would be a better option. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts