The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I could be satisfied with a Seiko collection without having the essential divers as they (to me) seemed rather expensive and subject to a lot of aftermarket or otherwise non original parts. I think the expensive part is still correct but there are a lot of people putting time and effort in keeping a lot of these watches in excellent and original condition. This watch came from a Japanese collector who is known by his lousy pictures and short descriptions but is unremittingly honest so I thought I would take a chance without being a particular expert on diver watches. The posts by Harry, Gabe, Zoodles and other have been a great help though. This 6306-7000 has a serial from July 1976 and most parts (except the strap which I got from Dan B) looks correct. At JPY 30,000 it is one of the few watches that I have paid more than the original list price for but I am sure I am going to appreciate this watch.

/ martin

·
Registered
221 Posts
Martin,
this looks beautiful, and I think for 30 000 it is still a bargain, assumed it looks inside as good as does on the outside!
Enjoy that great 6306, I love it!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Congrats Martin!!!

It always amazes me when 25+ year old divers STILL look this good.

Looks like its been pampered for a long time ;)

Enjoy that bad boy and wear in good health!

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If I only should own only one watch, irrespective of brand or cost, it would be a 6309 or 6306 diver. Thats how nice they are.

Veery nice example you have there :-*

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
You have done well to resist this long :p

To start with a 6306-7000 is just rude :))

Slippy slope you are on there or will you just stick to one?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts