The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprised to say the least!
A member bought a bezel for a 6106-8100 off me the other week & as always I gave discount as a member, the bezel duly arrived but he could not fit it & so I offered to fit it for free with just the cost of return postage. Watch arrived with me & low & behold no return postage money in with the watch, No contact details just a return address. Well the watch was gunged up with so much wrist cheese that the quickset date didnt work & the crystal was scratched to hell, more over the reason the bezel would not stay on was the bezel wire was missing. With no email or phone number which I asked for I set about stripping the watch for an ultra sonic & polish the crystal & used one of my nos bezel wires to fix the bezel. The watch looked sparkling & the Q/S now worked. A few days later he got in touch saying it was his mates watch & he had forgot to put the money in & could I post it back & then he would send the money lol. I said due to being let down I would need payment before posting as I had done the above work free & just wanted paying for the bezel wire & the return post, he duly paid next day in his name & I posted the watch. The watch looked a million dollars compared to how I got it & yet he has had the watch back & not even a thank you or acknowledgement he has received it, tracked so I know he has, What a shame a member should behave in this way, no names just a disappointing tale...................

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Not everyone loves you like I do Stefan:93:

Still good manners cost nothing, it's this type of thing that used to wind up Speedy.

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
well i am so sorry that people are just so rude...he should have gladly paid for everything and been very happy to do so...too many take kindness for weakness...i want to apologize for them...John

·
Craftsman
3,713 Posts
Give the guy a little time before you condemn him Stefan.

Maybe something came up in real life and he hasn't had time to thank you.

Whats next? name + shame, locked thread, and lost member?

·
Vendor
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Give the guy a little time before you condemn him Stefan.

Maybe something came up in real life and he hasn't had time to thank you.

Whats next? name + shame, locked thread, and lost member?
I dont think we should go there as Ive never received you know what!

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
well no matter what..he should have paid and thanked you for everything..that is so easy to do...

·
Craftsman
3,713 Posts
I dont think we should go there as Ive never received you know what!
That's unfortunate but you are very well aware of "Our" agreement.

Water under the bridge at this point.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I guess "member" is an apt name for some members, Stefan. It does seem bloody rude to not give thanks when you've gone above and beyond.
Hopefully, karma will take action soon mate.

·
Craftsman
3,713 Posts
Thats what I thought until you made that 1st comment on this thread, So I suggest you move on all together!
All is and has been Forgiven on this end.

May God Bless you.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thankfully my experience has been different and Im sure that is the case for most members, Ive been on the receiving end of some inspirational generosity and have tried to do the same back, its a shame when something like this leaves a sour taste, my only advice is not to let it put you off doing it again, acting like a better person is a great reward in itself.......

Amen..... lol...

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Not a fan of threads like these, they never end well.

Maybe we could close this off before it goes badly wrong?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Goodness and Prosperity does come to the forgiver in many areas.
Overlooking sometimes gets another going strong again. Thats why they
said ..... " People will always be People " , and most chose not to change in many areas.
But always look ahead and see where you can be when some one else does not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts