The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since there are a lot of posts concerning tunas, this weekend, I thought 'why not call it a tuna day, today?'

So c'mon gang.....post your tunas! I'll start with the most vintage I have - 7549-7009

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Here's mine 7549-7010

Just watched Lewis Hamilton win the Montreal Grand Prix of Canada. Great race. Well done Lewis! F1 rocks!

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
8) 8) 8)

Martin, awesome tunas, I've never seen these ever. Truly AWESOME!

I think we need a tuna diver's reference library. So many tunas, would love to know them all to keep an eye out for.

Thanks for sharing Martin, great divers. :)

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A few more....

SSBS018 on cucumbers and olives!

Emperor...

Family of 3 and a wannabe - SBBN011, SSBS018, SBBN007 - SHC063

Tunacan - 007

O.C.t.D. - Obssessive Compulsive tuna Disorder! ;D

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Luka-San said:
Going with Chris... ^-^

Nos 7549-7009 from 1976

[img]
[/quote]

Hi there, my brother! Good to see you here, again, Luka! The forum gets better with your awesome posts, man!

Your exemplar also looks like fresh from the SUWA assembly line.....is that the one from the guy who bought it in Las Palmas?

Did you have to perform any restoration in the piece? Any replacements, like gaskets, batteries, xtal, etc? It's almost too perfect for a 1976 watch, bro....tell us the secret! ;)

Wear that beauty in good health, Lucien!
Kind regards from your friend
CHRIS

·
Registered
100 Posts
Chris - late for Sunday I know but you asked if I had a larger version of the image I use in my sig file, found it:

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Desotti said:
Here's my lonely fish (for a while):

Cheers!
[/quote]

Great addition to this topic, Desotti! This forum would be greater if we could see you posting here more times, and not so much "there", LOL!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Chris said:
Hi there, my brother! Good to see you here, again, Luka! The forum gets better with your awesome posts, man!

Your exemplar also looks like fresh from the SUWA assembly line.....is that the one from the guy who bought it in Las Palmas?

Did you have to perform any restoration in the piece? Any replacements, like gaskets, batteries, xtal, etc? It's almost too perfect for a 1976 watch, bro....tell us the secret! ;)

Wear that beauty in good health, Lucien!
Kind regards from your friend
CHRIS

I found this tuna can in Belgium, about a 120 miles from me. I found it after a good tip from a watchfriend. The owner had bought it in Las Palmas about 30 years earlier and had worn the watch for a day or 2. Silly big thing with that piece of rubber sticking out.... :))

The owner had a new battery fitted a few weeks before I got it and the watch looked NOS. Battery replacement costed about 120 usd. I opened the watch to be sure....indeed, Seiko battery inside, all fresh gaskets, not a dust particle to be seen, not even a sign from a screwdriver, very good work.
Still in love with it. :-*

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well it's Sunday again in the UK - some pics taken yesterday with my SBBN013 in the chilly but lovely waters off the South Wales, UK coast:

Cheers
Steve

1 - 20 of 22 Posts