The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
29,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I received a package from Alex/Crystaltimes that I had been waiting for with his new case based on the MM300, Alex knew how much I like the SBDX001 which I consider a classic and is a firm favorite of mine but since January I havent worn the MM because I received my 6159-7000 so last night I was comparing CTs MM style case to the SBDX which awakened all my feelings for the MM, I had "forgotten" what a beautiful watch it is (IMO) :)

So last night down to business of modding, I had selected a NOS OEM Orange dial from my spares bin which fits the movement without any modding, some gold hands I had which I think came from one of the SRP "Turtle" models and a Gold insert which was in my spares but I can't remember where its from.

The case is monobloc like the MMs and has a small screwed down hatch at the back for when removing the movement.

The crystal is a similar setup to the MM as it fits in a module that then screws to the case with a left hand thread.

I used a NH35 movement in my mod but any movement that fits in a SKX will work.

I finished it off with a 22mm notched Isofrane I had knocking about, got to say i'm impressed.

The SBDX001 weighs in at 151grms on the CrafterBlue and the CT/MM weighs 145 on the Isofrane.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Wow that is a nice looking mod. Will have to check out his website to find out how much the case is.

Is the hatch there to give access to the set lever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
that's a kick ass watch John - like it!

Assuming the "hatch" is sealed?

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
That's a Beauty John!

·
Administrator
29,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its screw down Mike with a flat gasket.

This "only" has a NH35 movement and in three days it has gained 7 seconds total, as i'm not wearing it I give it 40 finger/thumb rolls a night to keep it running and rest it dial up, Alex told me they are calibrated before he gets them, look decent on the Timegrapher as well.

·
Administrator
29,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm his test mule Michael mainly because he knew how much I liked my SBDX001 and still do :) I think 3 or 4 weeks before he has them for sale according to a post he made on my instagram when I showed it on there.

I 100% have no affiliation with Crystaltimes in respect to this case but I will say it is very impressive and cleverly engineered.

·
Special Member
4,616 Posts
A really nice addition from Alex and really like what you’ve done with it as well. With the rich history of orange in some of its divers you would think seiko would have done an orange mm300 by now.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
That is a beautiful build John. I really like it. And I’m a sucker for an orange dial.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts