The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything I try with a 20mm width and a taper even just to 18mm looks undersized.

I think it is the taper as I don't mind how a 20mm Nato looks.

I found this strap on Panatime....20mm non-taper PAM style. Big buckle to balance the watch. I think it might work, but I'm gun shy.

Anyone have any other suggestions. Perhaps for a 22mm factory notched to 20mm?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm rather fond of Orb straps and they are great handmade quality. This one is right up your alley and solves the too skinny problem. The cost is maybe a touch higher than a Panatime strap, but would be very unique.

http://www.orb-straps.com/6.html

Scroll to the bottom to see the Orange Monster customer sample. I love that combo myself.

Best,

Mike

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I remember seeing that picture before and it looks nice especially since I was thinking a suede wouli look good. I was starting to think that the custom strap was where I was heading. I wonder if it is worth a try to notch a strap myself.

·
Registered
547 Posts
John, I've found that my watches with 20mm hidden (or recessed) lugs look great on a DiModell Chronissimo. The pad of the strap is wider than the center section (where the spring pins go in). This gives the strap a beefier appearance than a regular 20mm strap. The strap tapers, but overall, the taper is from 25mm at the watch head down to about 20mm at the buckle. I don't have a pic of the strap on a Monster but here's a pic of the Chronissimo on a Sawtooth...

ps This is one of the nicest, most durable, rugged leather straps I've ever owned. While I agree that my divers feel best on rubber in summer, winter is a completely different ball game!

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Try a maratac elite 22mm but notch it (it is easy to do) to 20mm.

not my pic but I had one just like this and I think it looked great. Strap is waterproof too.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
To me the Maratac looks like a good compromise; almost looks like leather but is totally waterproof.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
LOL, in my haste to post my favorite Orange Monster strap combo I forgot the OP had originally been asking for leather but nonetheless I still think this is the best, most comfortable and waterproof option for the OM. I do like those Orb straps though....

LUW said:
To me the Maratac looks like a good compromise; almost looks like leather but is totally waterproof.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I understand the diver/leather thing. But you see I like leather straps, but hate the gaps to the case...divers and non-divers alike. Those little lugs on the Monster are perfect for a strap, except the narrow width poses a challenge.

Maratac Elite looks good. I've read before that they aren't friendly to those of us who have smaller wrists. Anyone else second this?

Also looking for brown/tan. I think the orange dial will look fantastic with the brown.

Right now I'm thinking of experimenting with a strap off the shelf. Looks like notching is the only way so I'll see what the options are. Time to cut some paper straps to measure up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts