The Watch Site banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything I try with a 20mm width and a taper even just to 18mm looks undersized.

I think it is the taper as I don't mind how a 20mm Nato looks.

I found this strap on Panatime....20mm non-taper PAM style. Big buckle to balance the watch. I think it might work, but I'm gun shy.

Anyone have any other suggestions. Perhaps for a 22mm factory notched to 20mm?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I remember seeing that picture before and it looks nice especially since I was thinking a suede wouli look good. I was starting to think that the custom strap was where I was heading. I wonder if it is worth a try to notch a strap myself.

·
Registered
547 Posts
John, I've found that my watches with 20mm hidden (or recessed) lugs look great on a DiModell Chronissimo. The pad of the strap is wider than the center section (where the spring pins go in). This gives the strap a beefier appearance than a regular 20mm strap. The strap tapers, but overall, the taper is from 25mm at the watch head down to about 20mm at the buckle. I don't have a pic of the strap on a Monster but here's a pic of the Chronissimo on a Sawtooth...

ps This is one of the nicest, most durable, rugged leather straps I've ever owned. While I agree that my divers feel best on rubber in summer, winter is a completely different ball game!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Try a maratac elite 22mm but notch it (it is easy to do) to 20mm.

not my pic but I had one just like this and I think it looked great. Strap is waterproof too.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
LOL, in my haste to post my favorite Orange Monster strap combo I forgot the OP had originally been asking for leather but nonetheless I still think this is the best, most comfortable and waterproof option for the OM. I do like those Orb straps though....

LUW said:
To me the Maratac looks like a good compromise; almost looks like leather but is totally waterproof.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I understand the diver/leather thing. But you see I like leather straps, but hate the gaps to the case...divers and non-divers alike. Those little lugs on the Monster are perfect for a strap, except the narrow width poses a challenge.

Maratac Elite looks good. I've read before that they aren't friendly to those of us who have smaller wrists. Anyone else second this?

Also looking for brown/tan. I think the orange dial will look fantastic with the brown.

Right now I'm thinking of experimenting with a strap off the shelf. Looks like notching is the only way so I'll see what the options are. Time to cut some paper straps to measure up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts