The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several cases that ar not in bad shape but could use refreshing. Anyone have recomendations.? I am located in the states.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Try either SeikoPsycho or dsco211 as both do outstanding work!
Do you know if either one can do standard gold tone PVD coating for cases that have had the gold tone worn through? All I can find are people offering all of these exotic types of fancy coatings at $200 bucks a case.

Michael

·
Craftsman
3,714 Posts
I'm not doing any PVD coating at this time. I'm not sure about Shawn.

Tom

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I'm not doing any PVD coating at this time. I'm not sure about Shawn.

Tom
Tom I'm not to far from you here in Connecticut. Do you know anyone anywhere who does do PVD coating for a small order of like 20 cases that does not charge $200 a case? I have looked all over and I have only found a couple of places that look like they are geared towards large commercial contracts. They will not even answer when I send them an email asking if they do small orders. I can believe no one out there restore the finish to gold tone watch cases.

Michael

·
Craftsman
3,714 Posts
Tom I'm not to far from you here in Connecticut. Do you know anyone anywhere who does do PVD coating for a small order of like 20 cases that does not charge $200 a case? I have looked all over and I have only found a couple of places that look like they are geared towards large commercial contracts. They will not even answer when I send them an email asking if they do small orders. I can believe no one out there restore the finish to gold tone watch cases.

Michael
I'm not sure who's doing any PVD case work but it seems to me there was a discussion about this sometime in the past on the forum. You might try doing a search for more information.

Tom

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Jack @ IWW does PVD but its NOT cheap!
Yes I found him. He does custom PVD coatings as far as I can see. I looked through the site and did not see any mention of gold tone plating plus once I saw the price I was pretty sure it was not what I was looking for.

There was an earlier thread and no one came up with an answer besides the custom work that IWW does. I guess I'll keep on looking.

Michael

1 - 9 of 9 Posts