The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this little number up, It's a 66(b)-7109 from 1974 and has Seiko Time Corp Singapore on the inside back cover, on the face Japan 66 74395.

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tunafied said:
Nice 66 calibre...a good handwindable watch :)

Its definitely a keeper,rare one in its own right..

This style of commercial product, not unlike the "Disney" watches makes me wonder what other companies had the logo stamped on a Seiko, was it limited to the lesser calibers?
What ever the outcome it's an unusual watch and may be the start of the collecting bug!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Funnily enough, there is an brand new Subaru watch on the market here ! Seiko had lots of company logo watches (Toyota for instance) commissioned by various organizations (college dental graduation watches etc.)....

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thianwong said:
Funnily enough, there is an brand new Subaru watch on the market here ! Seiko had lots of company logo watches (Toyota for instance) commissioned by various organizations (college dental graduation watches etc.)....

I think most companies have a "brand" watch on the market nowadays. But in 1974 it would have been an unusual watch and as it is stamped with someone's name makes me think that it was a company gift rather than a "brand" purchase. But i could be wrong as i have been before :-X

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
otr002 said:
Just picked this little number up, It's a 66(b)-7109 from 1974 and has Seiko Time Corp Singapore on the inside back cover, on the face Japan 66 74395.

Interestingly enough it appears to be a presented watch to a Subaru worker as his/her name appears engraved/stamped on the back cover. The crystal is scratched up but the rest of the watch looks to be nice and original, mint face ;D . I think a little sensitive polishing and new crystal will make it a good as new, being a long time Subaru convert this watch will be a keeper ::)

So was the 66(a-b) Seiko's cheapest mechanical watch??

[/font]
[color=#666666][font=lucida grande][img][/font][color=#666666][font=lucida grande][img] [/font][color=#666666][font=lucida grande][img][/font][/quote] 8) Now you need a vintage Subie!
[IMG]
;) ;)

Cheers!
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts