The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in a NOS 6139 “A” chrono wheel from our favorite auction site for a good price. I know I’m going to need it eventually.

However, I (evidently) left it in my shorts pocket and it went through the wash. As I was pulling out my clothes I hear a “plink” and there it is on the floor.

I quickly realize my stupidity and fear the worst. However (angelic choir starts here), it seems that 40+ year old Seiko packaging is pretty blasted tough. Thank you ancient Seiko packaging people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: geeboo and !van

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
It would withstand the washer and dryer but if it got out of the bubble it could have sustained damage to the pivot ends.

All's well that ends well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got in a NOS 6139 “A” chrono wheel from our favorite auction site for a good price. I know I’m going to need it eventually.

However, I (evidently) left it in my shorts pocket and it went through the wash. As I was pulling out my clothes I hear a “plink” and there it is on the floor.

I quickly realize my stupidity and fear the worst. However (angelic choir starts here), it seems that 40+ year old Seiko packaging is pretty blasted tough. Thank you ancient Seiko packaging people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just ordered 2 after reading your post...
I seriously need to consider taking a break now :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Too funny. Glad it turned out okay Tod. I have heard of keys or a wallet being left in pants pockets and running through the wash but not a chronograph wheel. As Kyle stated, probably no need to run it through the ultrasonic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts