The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the goodwill action website I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the goodwill company its a thrift store. But as I was going through some pages I spotted this. Is it a 6139-6012?

Link to auction removed as per rules.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol first I need to win the auction I'm hoping that person wont want it too bad or doesn't know what it is (I haven't bid yet). What would be the max I should pay for it in that condition. I don't want to get into a bidding war and go overboard.

·
Registered
912 Posts
What would be the max I should pay for it in that condition. I don't want to get into a bidding war and go overboard.
That's too hard to answer! Check eBay for completed listings '6139-6012' see what fully restored / nice original examples will go for and work backwards from there...also take into account the hassle you think it may be to get it working....though it should be a fun project :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah thats what I was thinking I would be happy if I got it for under $100. I am really hoping the person thats biding on the items right now either doesn't know what the watch is or wants something else in the lot. Regardless its probably worth $100ish or more in its current condition so I would definitely make my money back if something did occur.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
I used to troll Goodwill regularly. Never saw a final price anywhere near a bargain. So I gave up.

Love to hear otherwise and I'll go back

1 - 9 of 9 Posts