The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a Pogue 6139 that's lacking an OEM bracelet. any suggestions for what straps might look good with this watch? thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Swedefreak (Jonathan) designed and sells and outstanding replacement bracelet that looks like the original but is significantly better made (solid links, tighter fit). I've got one and am about to order another. This is really the way to go. Costs about the same as inferior reproductions or - when they turn up - the rare original.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I think it's precisely because of the concave shape of the lugs that the Pogue looks good on straps. It's visually interesting because it's different from my other watches. I've had my Pogue on several different straps, but I like rallys and carbons best.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I've personally only ever worn these on bracelets but like the look of the rally or carbon straps on these like Jeff has posted...

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
TakesALickin said:
Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I think it's precisely because of the concave shape of the lugs that the Pogue looks good on straps. It's visually interesting because it's different from my other watches. I've had my Pogue on several different straps, but I like rallys and carbons best.
+1 - absolutely!

The case shape IMO looks great with the right strap.

I have OEM early and late style H-link bracelets, and a Swedefreak early style replacement. The quality of the Swedefreak bracelet is EXCELLENT, really nice. Honestly, the OEM bracelets in H-link just aren't that nice. they feel kind of cheap. Of the two OEM kinds I prefer the later tapered kind, that flares as it approaches the lugs.

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
TakesALickin said:
That looks a real beauty Jeff, i just love the colouring in the first picture, I think they are one of the most "beautiful" models Seiko ever did, just love the look.

·
Registered
547 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
That looks a real beauty Jeff, i just love the colouring in the first picture, I think they are one of the most "beautiful" models Seiko ever did, just love the look.
Here's how I know I have scored a good looking watch: my wife, who usually couldn't give a tinker's damn about anything in my collection, will actually stop and say, "That's a nice looking watch!"

The last watch that she did that with? The Pogue...

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
TakesALickin said:
Here's how I know I have scored a good looking watch: my wife, who usually couldn't give a tinker's damn about anything in my collection, will actually stop and say, "That's a nice looking watch!"

The only one of my watches that my wife really likes is my 6139 FrankenChrono, which is one a black calf leather strap.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
TakesALickin said:

+1 My 6139-6005 gold dial is my wife's favorite...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts