The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Are there any resources like sites or videos that teach you how to make straps? I want to make them for myself. There's already enough competition out there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I came across a good video the other day, making a strap out of an old leather handbag. It's more work than I expected but looks like a satisfying project.

I'm too new to post links but if you search for "how to make a watch strap" on YouTube the first video is the one (by Roman Lemeschko). There are a couple of other interesting videos in the result list too.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I made my own 5-ring. Wasn't very hard at all. I wanted a camo look for the Zilla but couldn't find one to my liking so I bought some backpack webbing and donned a thimble.
Looks really nice...did you swipe the metal parts from another strap or did you buy from somewhere? Also, did you "heat seal" the edges or the holes?

Thx,
Mike

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Thanks. Yes the edges are heat sealed and the holes were made with an appropriately sized finishing nail heated on the gas stove and held with pliers. Hardware came from a worn strap I received in a trade.

Looks really nice...did you swipe the metal parts from another strap or did you buy from somewhere? Also, did you "heat seal" the edges or the holes?

Thx,
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts