The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently won a nice, almost like new Orient Deep CEM65005DV, I believe it's known as the blue Mako here.
Where as we (my wife and and myself) are blown away by the appearance of the watch itself, we do not like the original rubber strap. First this dolphin emblem looks childish on a strap, secondly, I don't like that it's "recessed" and last, it wears too big with its "bends".

I'm now looking for alternatives.
First I thought about a mesh - too expensive in the required thickness for a 50 EUR watch.
Secondly I thought about a blue Nato - well not sure if I will get really friend with that idea.

What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Axel

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,743 Posts
Axel, I agree with your assessment of the OEM strap. It's not very comfortable, or very attractive.

I've tried a couple of other straps. Maratac Elite, for one, and a striped Zulu. I prefer the Zulu.

I also tried a grey Nato, but I didn't care for that one much at all.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I think the OEM bracelet would likely cost more than you are willing to spend, and fitting an aftermarket one would be a major pain in the ass.

For this watch, you'd probably be best off with something that tapers to at least 20mm at the buckle, as the watch case itself is too small for anything bigger than that.

I'd be tempted to try out this silicone dive strap with blue stitching, but maybe that's just me. ;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Axel66 said:
[size=1.35em]What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Axel
Since the dial of the Mako so closely resembles the contemporary Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, I consider the watch to be my one true "dress diver". I usually keep it on a carbon fiber strap with black stitching. I don't have a picture of that, but here's a pic of the watch on a vintage Tropic, also a good look.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the suggestions!
I'll let you know, when I wear it in new shoes!

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
28,878 Posts
Don't know about matching, but these Banda straps, IMHO, are among the more comfortable ones. (image the vendor's)

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I'll try to get one of those cheaper meshs (will see later, if I use it on the Mako or on a different watch).

Cheers,

Axel

@ Norman: Thanks a lot as well, but I think, I will not like the contrast stitching on that one.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:
I got some of the waffle straps Jake is selling.
It wears really comfortable and looks much better than the original strap:

Cheers,

Axel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts