The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
33,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was in my "workshop" working on some TST shrouds when my wife called me to the phone and it turned out to be one of those calls from a foreign country and a guy trying to tell me he would/could save me some money, I thanked him :) and put the phone down, do you guys get these crap calls ? drive me bloody mad at times, i don't answer them but my wife is too polite not to !!! (love her to bits :) ).

I went back to the half completed shroud I was working on (the OD at the time) and instead of finishing i decided to leave it as it was with a double step instead of just the one angled face and then gave it a high polish as it crossed my mind to get it real gold coated (£70) and then i decided I would leave it uncoated and keep the £70, tight arse :).

So after finish machining the shroud I decided to put a watch together with a few old parts I had accumulated over the last couple of months,

• 7548 case i picked up for spares and then TST'd.
  • A new Tuna bezel from Rob/Monsterwatches, I love his new modern stuff :)
  • Blue AR coated sapphire crystal.
  • A 7549-7010 movement i had sitting doing nothing.
  • A butchered case back I had sterilised.
  • One of my "Big" crowns.
  • And the other bits and bobs needed.

We don't need much excuse for a new watch do we ? :)

I think it looks pretty good even though I say so myself :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I know what you mean about the calls. I've had the duct cleaning call once or twice a day for a month now.
The last time I decided to have some fun and said that yes, i wanted my ducks cleaned but I also had geese that needed cleaning and could they do those. He said we clean ducts. I said yes I understand you clean ducks but can you clean geese as well? After a few minutes he was screaming DUCTS! WE CLEAN DUCTS!
So I screamed back that that was discriminatory to people that had geese. He screamed DUCTS one mre time before he hung up.

Your parts bin never ceases to amaze. I'd call that one the SBlingBlingN017. I like it a lot!

·
Veteran Member
28,352 Posts
Now that is Really Superb John, I like the flare at the base, Sets the Watch on the wrist with a bigger Footprint. My favorite Quartz movement and that BIG crown...Delicious !!! If you need my address ;)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Every time I see that lathe in the picture I can think of two more good reasons why I should have a nice bench top lathe in the garage workbench where I do the real messy work. When you have a good bench top lathe the word "you can't do that" do not exist anymore and I love that! Working on automobiles for a good part of my life I have invented many tools for specialized jobs. Typically a standard tool was the base for the design then a cut here some welding there a bend there and a job that was a major PIA was now no problem. It all in the tools man!

Michael

·
Registered
473 Posts
Very nice, as always. Parts bin, more like a stockroom :). Don't think I could ever have a 7549 movement doing nothing. May I ask what strap is fitted to the watch.
I'm still getting round to finishing the 7C TST.
Kind regards, David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts