The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long term, 1 year storage method for a few automatic seiko skx00x and earlier divers? No auto winder on premesis!
Help!

·
Researcher
5,027 Posts
Please, take the time to make your posts more easily understandable for us mere mortals. Some punctuation and a few deep breaths may help, shorthand posts are unnecessary.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My Wrist... ...I'll Babysit them for you.

I have found a nice looking ten watch box with a display window on the bay for a reasonable price. Certainly you can pay through the nose on some really fancy stuff if you want. Non display, and worried about their safty, then rent a safe deposit box for the year from your bank. Can't get much safer than that.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
You don't need an auto winder, Seikos are known to be in drawers for decades, and still start up with a shake.
Any cheap travel case will do if you just don't want them banging around.

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I've been a Seiko dive watch fan for years and have owned about 8 or 9 over the last 40 years. I have had a couple that sat in a drawer for up to 10 years. A little shaking and its off to the races. One of the watches took about an hour to get right but run fine. They are not the best automatic but I can't think of a better one for the money. Also for a good cleaning I usually take it to the kitchen sink use some Dawn soap and the plastic bristled dish brush and they look almost new. The first one I bought cost me $69 in a wholesale jewelry store. They are very rugged and durable. Enjoy, JT.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Who makes that case and did you do the felt flocking yourself?
I love molded plastic cases - durable and cheap
I just have a plastic tub where each watch goes into its own bubble wrapped pouch

·
Special Member
1,816 Posts
I just toss my watches in a drawer, the seikos anyway =) I pick which to wear by which one I can see closest to the top.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
That's gorgeous...I was thinking about buying one of these as well! You're not helping! ;)
Two of my three sons were born in the city where Gerstner's are made (Dayton Ohio, USA). For each of their 18th birthday's I buy and restore one for them to put their junk in (tools, charger cords, game cartridges, whatever). I keep an occasional one as well when one doesn't come out well enough that I'd want to pass it on to them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Two of my three sons were born in the city where Gerstner's are made (Dayton Ohio, USA). For each of their 18th birthday's I buy and restore one for them to put their junk in (tools, charger cords, game cartridges, whatever). I keep an occasional one as well when one doesn't come out well enough that I'd want to pass it on to them.
That's great...I spent a lot of weeks in Dayton when I worked in the auto industry. Loved the Pine Club the couple times I went! Cheers!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts