The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
30,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good source for quality pillows ?

I know we can make them out of pipe cladding etc etc but I would like some good ones like the one in the picture, pretty solid and dressed in something like a felt material.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
And here I thought I was the only one who was OCD about the storage pillows. I bought a 24 watch box from Ace Timer and the pillows have removable inserts. The problem is that they're too large with the inserts, and too floppy without them. :eek:

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Well, I just bought this watch box:
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00FPK019K/

It's 20 Euros and comes with 24 nice pillows. It's more beige than the pictures suggest, though. The pillows are not staying in the boxes, though. A little on the small side.

·
Administrator
30,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They look good Jim, but I only need/want the pillows as i have a couple of good quality Aluminium case's, the ones I like to use I got in a display box, great size and decent quality.

My thoughts were if i couldent find any i would buy a box just to harvest the pillows which seemed a bit of a waste but ebay to the rescue :)

Exactly what I wanted, dont you just love ebay, sit in the comfort of your home, don't have to get off your backside and the worlds your oyster :)

£30 + £5 postage, bargain imo.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Look on this forum for the "Humidor for watch storage" thread - there are some nice ideas to be found ;)

·
Administrator
30,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The pillows shown earlier in this post arrived (superb seller) and they were really good quality, to have been perfect for me (7 1/4" wrist)they needed to be about 1/4" longer but still fine.

Rehoused the TSTs so they have room to breath, happy now and the tidy up continues :)

Crappy picture, artificial light :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts