The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am still looking for a quickset rocker , to adjust the date on my 5626 chronometer.
I know this is a flaw in the movement. I now you can also use this part from a 5606 .

Greetings Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Hello Peter, Could we not find someone on this great forum to 3d print this rocker. Its just a press fit right in the metal part?

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Yeah, Marlies is a well-known watchmaker (at least for the Uhrforum). She manufactured a part from a brass escape wheel with four spokes.

The problem I see is that the teeth of the manufactured part have sharp edges - is brass soft enough so it won't harm the date wheel?
I think Seiko deliberately manufactured this part from plastic so it has a bit of safety build-in. Shame the plastic wasn't up tp the job and became brittle.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think if anybody is in the possition te remanufacter this part, he can sell alot of it.
Because 75% OF THE 5626 AND 5606 movements have this problem

·
Registered
456 Posts
Been in contact with a nice guy in France that printed me two movement holders. Sure he can help out if he has the dimensions? Or a part to measure on. He is a watchmaker so perhaps he no what to do? Send me a PM and i can give you his email.

·
Registered
456 Posts
This was posted by zenciti in my previous post
Asked him and he said that the part is to small to make in a 3d printer. At least in his 3D printer. Each layer of plastic is 0,1 mm thick. And this is 0,3 mm high. Maybe someone with a more expensive machine could manufacture it?
Sorry.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thx for asking your friend Rogart :)
Just fun to be able to help. Thinking again? Adrian at VTA did a gear for the 6139-6002 and other models in resin. Not sure if he is a member of this forum? But could that work? If you could use the old part and do a plug? And cast it in resin or some other material? Maybe brass?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I think if anybody is in the possition te remanufacter this part, he can sell alot of it.
Because 75% OF THE 5626 AND 5606 movements have this problem
Agreeing wholeheartedly. Flipped three Lordmatics (1971 rectangular case, 1972 Oblong-sort of an egg lying on its side-shape, 1974 more traditional oval case with pillowcase lugs) because of the same problem (with full disclosure to the buyer of course)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I believe Adrian did mention he was looking at making this part. I haven't heard any more though.
5606's can be had fairly cheaply on yahoo.jp if you're patient, but there's no guarantees that this part won't be broken. I have a junk 5606 I bought to steal the bracelet off and the quickset doesn't work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts