The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post up a wrist shot of this mod.
It just came out so well in this light.
Build details are in a previous post...credits due for this build go out to John Bentley for his amazing machine work {tst}, Paul aka lewie for helping me sort out the dial/hands for this one. James H. for amazing lume work {this one actually glows during the day}! And also to Rob {monster watches} for helping me source out the original 007 tuna bezel.
All the black case, shroud and misc bits & pieces done in black pvd by my local TiN coating shop.
Thanks to all who helped out in making this a great watch to wear and enjoy!
Mike

Attachments

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ray.
I've been hoping to get some comments on this one!
The dial and hands came to me through a friend {they were a used set that he had} and he had the work done before he sent them to me.
So I can't say for sure if they needed it or not, but they do appear to have been lumed and it's a very clean job so I was pretty pleased overall.
My other 007 tuna seems to have a flatter lume; not as much texture but I still haven't compared them in the dark...maybe do that tonight.
Will be sending you a pm regarding one of yours that I saw you had listed.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Special Member
4,612 Posts
It looks great. How did you end up with no digit grooves on the bezel insert, is it upside down?
@tiger: lol, to check the merchandise!

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That bezel insert is a bit of a story in itself.
Tried a few different inserts. Ended up custom making this one.
It may not be the final choice, but it seems to complete the "spec ops" look I wanted.
It's part of my Blackfin series. Most of the Blackfin are 6309 cushion case divers. Just have this one tst currently and will be putting together another one in a few weeks. Also black.
Thanks again!
Mike

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I like it just the way it is, well it was ...
" A Special Op in doing it ...Right ? :72:
And it turned out ....Superb too.

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Blind squirrels... {new Blackfin photo}

What was it somebody said? "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then"

This old diver has been through alot in the last few months...

I changed out the dial and hands and wore it for awhile and then the insert and finally the crystal.

Put it on a tuna strap and will keep it this way. Really enjoying wearing this one. Had it on today while doing some concrete grinding... got the strap all white from concrete dust.

These watches were meant to be worn in any kind of work environment and I like putting them to the test.

Thanks for the positive comments on this one...here's the Blackfin as I have it now.

Mike

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts