The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance to forum members who have gone over this before.
I have a 6119 21 Jewel movement where the release button has jammed in fully depressed mode. Tried wiggling it to free it up and contemplating wiggling a cocktail stick in the crown recess. Am I wasting my time and need to strip the movement down? It's clean and works fine as a movement, so trying to avoid a strip down.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Regards, David

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I can't remember but I think taking the movement out and seeing if you can pop release in from between dial/date wheel and mainplate might work.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply! That isn't as bad as the stripping the movement. Just replaced and fitted the date/day, dial and hands, so off again with them.
Regards, David

·
Registered
514 Posts
Happens to me all the time, seems common on them. I have normally had to pull the calenders off, but I think melt is right that you can get in between and push. Keep in mind, once they stick if you don't get them freed up/cleaned/deburred/whatever they will stick every time. And cause you no end of anger, or maybe tears. Mostly tears if I remember correctly. From last week. Sigh.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Both of my 6117a movements had this issue. One day I finally took one apart. It seems that at some point someone pushed in a bit too hard. the part that holds it bends ever so slightly. It is so minor it is nearly impossible to see. Once straightened though, I haven't had a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts