The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The crown came off the stem, and I went to remove the stem, but forgot one thing.
Instead of pulling the stem out, then hitting the release button, I pressed the release button, and then pulled out the stem
Now the crown is back on, but the stem will not go back in correctly.
I think I read were there is a fix by removing the dial, but is there a chance I can fix this through the stem hole?
I have some thin dental tools that well fit in there
Any help would be appreciated.

edit. Sorry 6139

·
Craftsman
3,724 Posts
The actual issue on 6139's and 6138's normally occurs when the crown release button is depressed while the crown is pulled out to the first position (set time position) the keyless works falls out of position when the stem is removed and when the stem is re-inserted it won't lock back in position. The remedy is, never use the crown-stem release button with the crown pulled out to the first position.

From the problem your having I would assume you crown-stem had been pulled out to the 1st position when the release button was depressed.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The actual issue on 6139's and 6138's normally occurs when the crown release button is depressed while the crown is pulled out to the first position (set time position) the keyless works falls out of position when the stem is removed and when the stem is re-inserted it won't lock back in position. The remedy is, never use the crown-stem release button with the crown pulled out to the first position.

From the problem your having I would assume you crown-stem had been pulled out to the 1st position when the release button was depressed.
Which is weird because that is the only way to remove the stem on almost every single quartz movement made. First stem pull and the release lever slides out then depress the lever and the stem slides all the way out. I guess it always pays to read the manual for even the simple things sometimes!

Michael

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Thanks guys for the invaluable info. This information could help someone from ruining their day wondering why there is a piece of watch in their hand when there shouldn't be ! Information is good insurance for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts