The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had bought a 3 pack of 6139 and all are running, but all have little items that need to be addressed.
With my original post on the three it was pointed out that my new -6002 has the wrong stem, so I am wondering is any of the stems are correct. I hope to learn what makes up the stem, and what do do to address the problems.

First, are the stem and crown separate items for all 6139? Can I make up the right part with a stem here, a crown there, and a gear when needed?

Here are the watches with the stems out.
The -6002 has the correct gear and it rotates the bezel, but I was told the crown is wrong.

Next is the -6012, the day date do not change, so I am guessing at the least the crown is wrong.

And last the -8021

If I need stems, crowns, or gears, is the only place the auction sites? Are there any vendors that are willing to sell some of there stash?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
626 Posts
Seikochrono on this forum (Stefan) is an excellent source of miscellaneous parts. The crown is detachable from the stem. The special stem for the 6002 is not easily available, so guard that one like it's made of gold :) maybe replace the crown only. The crown should be flush with the case edge in normal position with enough space under to allow day/date quick set.

·
Administrator
33,974 Posts
Has Crolis said the stem plus gear plus spring and crown are getting harder to find these days but they can still be found if your lucky.

·
Registered
912 Posts
John you lucky guy, that's a find !!

I think all of your stems could be correct, the day/date change issue could be whole lot if other problems! However, first things first,akenairrnall the crud is cleaned out from it the crown! And from the case, crud can stop the stem and crown pushing in far enough to change over day and date proper...

Cousins sell the best looking 6139 replacment crown I have seen, for peanuts, but if you talk nicely to Stefan he might part with a proper one for you....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So here is the stem for the -6002 that workers to change the day date in the -6002(see gear)
It is next to the stem from the -6012 that is not working in the movement.
I had the movement out of the case and put the stem from the -6002 in the movement and was able to change the day and date
So is the stem without the gear in the below picture completely wrong?
Or is there something in the movement?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts