The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25,702 Posts
I can only speak for myself...Seiko has produced $50.00 watches and sold them for $500.00 all day long...Folks just nosedive for the repeated discolored and varied line after line....LOL ! It's there $ not mine. Now, Original Vintage Seiko.....:)

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
I much prefer a Seiko mod over an homage. Plenty of 6105 AM parts around and a genuine Seiko case isn't that much respectively.

·
Special Member
2,693 Posts
I much prefer a Seiko mod over an homage. Plenty of 6105 AM parts around and a genuine Seiko case isn't that much respectively.

A long time ago Seiko 6105 Parts watches could be picked up on the Cheap... Very Cheap. I modded this 6105 Case with Original Seiko Deep Blue Radiant Dial, Tuna SBBN007 Bezel Insert, NOS 6309 Movement, Original 6105 Crown, and AM Hands from Yobokies.

On an 22mm Oyster Bracelet tapering to 20mm with Solid End Links

·
Registered
316 Posts
Cool.

one of my favorite watches is a 6105 I got for $65 dollars about 20 years ago. The date frame had fallen off and it looked like it had been messed up trying to be glued back on. The crown tube was jacked up and the movement was shot. Crystal looked like a cheese grater. I also have a very funky trashed on the out side but minty movement 6349 I had gotten in a lot for next to nothing.

I ended up with a crown lock set up from Randall, some other work from Jack at IWW, and all together the damaged date window changed to a day/date, the 6349 serviced and installed, a domed sapphire crystal, and a relume. And a modified Seiko dive bracelet to fit. Kind of dumb, I think I must have spent $5-600 all together for a “6305” with no collector value.

but an enjoyable save/rescue.

As for the homages,
Seiko could have made turtle quality and priced 6105 clones and sole them all day long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts