The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new style but hopefully the same SCWF

Bumping threads will be good, thread counts starts new and have to check the join date if it transfers from the old site.

Will have to learn how to get around the new digs, for me it will be fun.
As my favorite author Patrick O'Brian wrote "the crew likes what its used to"
I remember the uproar at DWF and PMWF with their changes but for this looks like a good start and I love the partial image at the top of Katsushika Hokusai's Great Wave woodblock print.

an old favorite

Paddy and watch

Cheers to the new place
Dave

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Nice 6600 you've got there. That's still my favorite G thus far, although I'm starting to get the itch for a Frogman.

My wallet, however, heavily prefers my $40 660. ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paddy is a ragdoll breed very floppy looking but fierce our canyon is his own personal jungle, he did let me get the 6600 back.

thanks badern, that's some of Duarte's great work a few years ago. Orange knight dial and chapter ring w/sammie hands. It was not just a simple drop in he told me. My only remaining Orange dial and a keeper.

While my Seiko's are my prime collection the G-Shocks have lately really captured my fancy and I have bought a few. As you say very easy on the pocket book DW6600 was $48.00, the DW6900 around $40.00 and one model has become a go to beater for work days the DW9052 cost me $32.00 most were purchased on amazon or the bay. The gadget factor is very cool on these inexpensive timepieces and are great examples of Japanese design.
Very fun.

Oh yeah I did get a frogman, how could a diver/dive watch fanatic resist.

This is a Dawn Black Frogman band and bezel on a Glorious Gold module. I stored the GG band and bezel for later. I prefer the black resin look of the Dawn Black style

Glorious Gold ---these names are classic, so Japanese---

·
Registered
772 Posts
data.4 said:
Paddy is a beautiful cat! ;) Good looking diver too! I couldn't resist putting up a pic of Gaerity (my ragdoll) - you know how we love our kids!

[/quote]

Hehe nice cat and great to see a Grey ghost don't see much of those...

Here's mine
[IMG]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Holy Moly Jeje3325! - I've never seen anyone else post a ghost pic before - that is too cool! In that case, I better post a better pic of mine to go with yours! I don't know about you, but this is a freqent wear for me. I like the streamlined simplicity of this one. Thanks for posting your pic, it's good to know there are others! LOL! ;D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great pics everyone. I love to see posts with pics of cats and watches, especially G's. Thanks for posting them. I'm wearin' my new G-7900 in army green that just came this week. I haven't even taken any pics of it yet.

The new forum looks great. Thanks to everyone associated with the transformation, and especially to the mods. They are the ones that really put in the hard work and effort.

Regards from Texas,

Larry C

1 - 11 of 11 Posts