The Watch Site banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Sent a freebie watch within the same country (USA) via USPS over two weeks ago and the recipient has not received it nor has it been returned to me.
They seem to be having delays again. Mailed a part to las vegas june 9th. It just arrived st a distribution center today. Will be delivered tomorrow. Mind you, LA to vegas is less than 300 miles away. I could get there in 4 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Poet Laureate
843 Posts
I successfully received a watch shipped from the UK to me in California. A few days after it shipped, it showed tracking history all the way to my local office, via LA. Then the next day that history dissapeared inexplicably and it was back to "pre-ship, tracking number provided", then nothing for 5 days, then new status saying it arrived in New York. Then it proceeded as normal arriving here 3 days later.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I swear I could strangle the DHL guy right now 🤬 Japanese guys managed to pack the watch and ship it from small fishing village in Japan to Frankfurt Germany in less than a day. Of course, it took 3 more days for DHL to transport it further 240km to me, it should had arrived yesterday morning. In the afternoon, after the whole day of waiting for the package, I found a paper in my mailbox saying that the delivery was attempted which is complete bullshit 😡🤬😡👿
Ok, I go to the basement, punch the 💩out of the boxing bag and calm down. This morning I printed out the special notification for the delivery guy and put it on my doorbell, I've been waiting for him to arrive until now when I got the email notification that the package will be delivered only next week, and there goes my weekend....

In addition I am waiting for a package from USA which was shipped a month ago and since then it went from Yigo to Barrigada --> Honolulu --> San Jose --> San Francisco and stayed in San Francisco for 2 weeks just to return back to Barrigada and again to Honolulu. We are so ridiculously fragile and incompetent, the entire western society, we can only hope that Covid is the worst challenge this generation will have to face, otherwise we are 👌👈

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you want to make your life a misery, use Hermes. Awful before lockdown, I wouldn’t want to think how bad it would be now.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I am still waiting for a small parcel that was posted on the 24th of April(!) in the states. And DHL Express is extremely bad by now. It took my parcel two days to get from Japan to Austria. Than it took DHL 14 days to deliver it. We are talking about the „Express“ option... Never had such troubles with EMS. Hopefully this option will return soon, got already another nice parcel in Japan ready to take off...

·
Registered
462 Posts
I guess it's been a while since this post was updated, but wanted to offer hope to folks out there who've been waiting for things a long time.

I bought a vintage bracelet from a friend in Denmark for one of my Seikos. It shipped early in April, sat in customs from April 27 with no movement whatsoever, then finally became "out for delivery" last week and arrived in exactly the shape I expected!

One thing I did do, was fill out a "missing/lost mail" form on USPS.com. Not sure if that helped trigger its progress or not, but might be worth a go.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
EMS from Japan did start again. Last shipping took about 7 days including customs to reach my home.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I just received a package yesterday from the Ukraine to the UK posted on the 18th May.........now that's sloooooooooooooow!

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
My order from Japan via Buyee came in today. It was shipped April 10.

Obviously just got stuck in a container sitting in a log jam and finally made it here.

Quick edit it's #5 today if you are counting (Tristan)

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
No EMS from Japan for the U.S. yet - we're selfish, giant morons who haven't yet earned back nice things...
Not true my friend, have hope ! I tried to say 2 posts above that my EMS from Japan did in fact come in yesteday. Only took about 3 months.

Now PhilPost, not so much - 4 months after getting across their terrain to Manilla outbound customs it is still stuck:

PHLPOST.png

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not true my friend, have hope ! I tried to say 2 posts above that my EMS from Japan did in fact come in yesteday. Only took about 3 months.

Now PhilPost, not so much - 4 months after getting across their terrain to Manilla outbound customs it is still stuck:

View attachment 451990
From what I can tell they are catching up on shiping anything that was posted before they shut down shipping to the U.S. on April 23, but haven't accepted anything new since. I had a watch shipped via EMS by Buyee on April 15 and it arrived back in June. The watches I've purchased since are sitting at Buyee's warehouse with free storage until shipping re-commences - EMS hasn't been an option in awhile:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Here in Japan, domestic mail is still good but I can see international items being slow depending from where it came. Originally US and UK were the only countries accepted of mail. Our infection rates are rather low compared to the other countries but Tokyo etc still continue infection clusters. I am not evening thinking of selling some Seikos until further CVirus news gets better.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I won an auction on Yahoo Japan through Buyee. As the airmail shipping option I usually select was not yet available for the US, I selected DHL for the first time. It arrived only three days after it was shipped at considerable expense. It was delivered by courier early this morning, and was promptly stolen off my porch before I could retrieve it.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I won an auction on Yahoo Japan through Buyee. As the airmail shipping option I usually select was not yet available for the US, I selected DHL for the first time. It arrived only three days after it was shipped at considerable expense. It was delivered by courier early this morning, and was promptly stolen off my porch before I could retrieve it.
Holy cow that is awful sorry to hear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Holy cow that is awful sorry to hear.
Thanks for that. I've almost managed to let go of my disappointment. Thankfully, it wasn't a very expensive watch, but it was a hard to find Casio Sea Pathfinder on its original bracelet instead of the usual resin strap. The worst part is that the thief will only see an ugly old digital watch with no real value.

I'll be on the lookout for another as nice as the one that got away. In some ways, I enjoy the hunt as much as the acquisition.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Shipments from Korea outbound are up to speed now. Once they catch a flight (1-2 days after dropping at my local post office), all seems copacetic. My sample is 3 packages to US, one to Germany.
Inbound to Korea is excellent, as always; Korean logistics is pretty awesome.

Here's a cool piece of short science fiction that illustrates the point:
Taklamakan Misdelivery - Asymptote

141 - 158 of 158 Posts