The Watch Site banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Administrator
29,156 Posts
In the last week I have received five watches from North America and they where all delivered in less than two weeks but all of them came in jiffy bags and standard shipping whereas I have been waiting since April 4th for a watch from the States that is in one of those small boxs, jiffy bags seem quicker ?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
In the last week I have received five watches from North America and they where all delivered in less than two weeks but all of them came in jiffy bags and standard shipping whereas I have been waiting since April 4th for a watch from the States that is in one of those small boxs, jiffy bags seem quicker ?
Possibly. I did mail out gaskets to a forum member in the UK around that time, and he received it in about 8 days. I mailed it in a plain letter envelope. Maybe it’s parcels that were delayed.

Edit: just checked my records. I mailed gaskets to Gavin April 22, and I mailed a crystal to Paul on april 24. Both were headed to the UK, and both were in plain white envelopes. By april 29 Gavin has messaged me that the gaskets has been received. Unfortunately until now we are waiting for Paul’s crystal to arrive.

·
Special Member
2,493 Posts
I just shipped my 1st watch since the beginning of the shipping chaos caused by the Cornona Virus. Lots of changes here in Thailand and none of them are good In My Opinion. Before the label was EMS (Express Mail Service International) and this has changed to a label that simply says Courier Post ( I have no idea what service I am actually paying for). More forms were required and normally the post office would simply write down my ID information on the intake form. Now they make a photocopy of my ID, I have to create a separate invoice with repeated shipping information, and the documents are put in a plastic sleeve and attached to the outer box. Also the shipping rate has been increased by 20%.

My quess is that Thailand Post is no longer handling the shipments/packages and they are being consigned to another courier? Shipment is showing up on normal Thailand Postal Tracking websites but I wonder if there is a problem who would actually be responsible for lost packages.

With this change the watch goes into a unknown shipping system, an unknown route, and unknown courier. Like always when you ship internationally you hope that everything will be OK and the Buyer receives his watch.

·
Special Member
2,493 Posts
One other observation. In normal times my local post office is very quick with short lines and excellent service. But on this visit there was No One in the customer area. I was the only customer and there were at least 12 cashiers/postal clerks with No Customers. Nobody but me. Also normally there are piles of packages moving through a small conveyor belt and large bins of packages where packages have been sorted and waiting for movement through the system. Nothing! Empty!

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's taking many many days now when something is mailed off at a Japan Post post office to even get to the "office of outward exchange". The last registered air packet I got from Japan to Canada took 9 weeks instead of the normal 1 to 2 weeks. The planes are simply not flying if at all.

These days to mail something quickly and in a reasonable amount of time, it's got to be courier.

·
Special Member
2,493 Posts
Shipment coming from the UK to my address in Maryland, USA. Sat for 9 days in the UK and then magically appeared in Los Angeles. Normally UK shipments are sent to New York for processing and release into the USPS System. Re-Routed to a less affected Area???

I believe this was sent regular airmail and not EMS so I am perfectly OK with these shipping times.

May 23, 2020, 1:33 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) at 1:33 pm on May 23, 2020.
May 15, 2020, 4:50 am
Processed Through Facility
LANGLEY HWDC, UNITED KINGDOM
May 14, 2020, 1:50 pm
Acceptance
UNITED KINGDOM

101 - 107 of 107 Posts