The Watch Site banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
What my mail carrier would for packages that i have to sign for, on their scanner: he will write my name on the “Print Name” and then for the “signature box” he will write “covid19” then show me the screen before pressing Ok/Submit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My USPS carrier did the same the other day on a package from Germany. He waited several feet back from the door until I opened it, I asked what I was supposed to do regarding signing for it and he said he would sign for me.

FedEx also did the same for a case of wine my wife ordered which needed an adult signature. He waited for me to open the door then said he’d sign for it since he knows that we are older and have no minors in the house.

Amazon just chucks stuff up onto the threshold, snaps a photo and walks away. No knock or anything, but you get an email immediately after that the package was delivered

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Also stuff coming through Chicago or NYC area as we all know is delayed by a lot, but everything else I’ve received over the last month from TN, TX, FL, CA all arrived in about a normal timeframe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
964 Posts
Kue (Kwan) in London gifted me a pallett wheel for a 6139. Posted in the UK small envelope 20th March. Arrived today 29th April Brisbane Australia . Never ever has it taken that long ,normally a week tops. . Makes you realise what impact the virus situation has on the worldwide postal system. My brother has just posted a parts envelope from the UK too, wonder how long that will take. But on the the plus side the mail is getting through so it ain't all that bad considering.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is one from Adrian at VTA that started life on the 4th and has yet to arrive here in the UK. PITA as it's holding up a few jobs....my mail has been shocking in general but understandable I guess. I just received finger cots posted over 2 months ago!

Royal Mail have been displaying the tracking number for a whille saying accepted but no further update, not sure about the Germany reference but it was sent DHL ecommerce

2020-04-15 12:07
Germany, Item received at

2020-04-15 12:07
Germany, Item Leaving overseas

2020-04-08 23:41
Sender preparing item
Origin - Cached time: 2020-04-29 07:11:49 (GMT+01:00)
2020-04-15 17:59
Sydney, Australia, Departed from facility

2020-04-09 06:24
Sydney, Australia, Processed at facility

2020-04-09 05:48
Sydney, Australia, Arrived at origin facility

2020-04-04 19:10
Australia, Shipment data received

2020-04-04 07:57
O'HALLORAN HILL, Australia, Data Submitted

·
Administrator
29,156 Posts
I have a couple of packages that have spent over three weeks on there way from the States and still not arrived, normally a week to two weeks.

I bought a fan from Dyson last Saturday and it arrived Sunday, very impressed with the service and the fan i've also bought a few household items through Amazon this last month, Amazon stock stuff next day but third party stuff has taken longer.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Anything look odd with this tracking history? The same scan "Item Received by Royal Mail LANGLEY HWDC" twice, 1 week apart... Still no movement today. Item is coming from the UK to Canada. Anyone else seeing similar?

·
Administrator
29,156 Posts
I bought and paid for this 6139 on April 12th and the seller (nice guy) shipped the next day. I checked the tracking this morning and got the below and then an hour later the postie dropped it in the box, shipped in a jiffy bag nothing special.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
So finally a happy USPS story to report ! Maybe life at the postal service is returning to normalcy.

Just got a USPS first class envelope with watch parts sent from California to NJ and got here in 3 days, no special priority paid.

Let's hope this starts to set a trend.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
And i just got a package delivered from CT to CA, mailed out on the 27th by first class, expected May 1 delivery. It showed up yesterday, the 30th. 3 day delivery from coast to coast. Not bad.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Well things are REALLY picking up !

Mailed a part from NJ on Friday regular first class USPS and it just got delivered on Monday to Alaska !!!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
This concerns me a bit?:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
This concerns me a bit?:

I’d say so. I looked at the list a week or two ago of countries to which shipments would not be processed by USPS and Venezuela was on the list. I wonder if it reciprocal.

I’d also say even under the best circumstances I wouldn’t buy anything from a country as unstable as Venezuela appears to be over the last several years.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I’d say so. I looked at the list a week or two ago of countries to which shipments would not be processed by USPS and Venezuela was on the list. I wonder if it reciprocal.

I’d also say even under the best circumstances I wouldn’t buy anything from a country as unstable as Venezuela appears to be over the last several years.

Iam normally of the same mind. I don’t like dealing with failing nation-states. But I messaged other forum members who had good results over time with Venezuela sellers and the seller was rated highly with lots of transactions and had a bunch of vintage watches on our favorite auction site. He sent it out the next day fully insured via DHL.

This is for a restorable silver Resist dial 6139 so I went out on faith that it will eventually get to me.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
More encouragement ! A package from Indonesia by DHL was mailed 20 days ago, sat still until 3 days ago when the tracking showed some movement.

Arrived today in USA. So that's 17 days dormant, and 3 days to get all the way here from Indonesia which was good in the pre-pandemic days.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Well, this situation’s not getting better (international) for me. From april 15-may15 i mailed out 6 (including canada) international packages, and so far everything is in limbo. None have arrived, and there’s no proof that any of them have even left the US yet. Last scans where at LAC international distribution centers, and then zip. Nada. Anyone know what’s the time passed needed to file a lost/trace on a package?

·
Registered
54 Posts
From Etsy......USPS does not consider an international package lost until you've hit 45 days. The average delivery time is 2-3 weeks.

My package from my earlier post hasn't moved either. Adrian at VTA has followed up and he said there is a huge backlog sat from mid April in Germany. Posted form Australia on the 5th April, not moved since the 15th.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
From Etsy......USPS does not consider an international package lost until you've hit 45 days. The average delivery time is 2-3 weeks.

My package from my earlier post hasn't moved either. Adrian at VTA has followed up and he said there is a huge backlog sat from mid April in Germany. Posted form Australia on the 5th April, not moved since the 15th.
And take a look on Adrians web site. He makes his displeasure with the Aussie mail system very well known.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts