The Watch Site banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Anyone experience significant delays with shipments leaving UK? I have a package leaving UK to Canada but it's been stalled for 1 week here:

1. Item Received by Royal MailLANGLEY HWDC

I've already been waiting for a small package for 7+ weeks from Italy and now this one from UK has got me all paranoid. I'm wondering if it's not just delays we should be expecting, but perhaps a spike in thefts. I'm assuming many processes have changed for safety concerns and staffing reduced as well, so perhaps there are some vulnerabilities in the mail systems now. Just being paranoid about my preciousssssss! :S

·
Special Member
2,493 Posts
3 days after paying the Seller in Japan I have the 6139 and JDM Bracelets in Hand. International Shipping from Japan to Thailand, Customs Clearance, and Delivered in 3 Days.

• 24/04/2563 10:29BANG LAMUNGFinal delivery (Kyle /Addressee) (Successful)
  • 24/04/2563 10:16BANG LAMUNGItem out for physical delivery
  • 24/04/2563 08:47BANG LAMUNGUnsuccessful (physical) delivery (Item held,addressee notified due to Payment of charges)
  • 24/04/2563 08:46BANG LAMUNGItem out for physical delivery
  • 24/04/2563 05:40BANG LAMUNGArrival at post office
  • 24/04/2563 04:27SI RACHA MAIL CENTERIn transit
  • 23/04/2563 10:56Bangkok EMS CentreIn transit
  • 23/04/2563 04:55Bangkok EMS CentrePerform customs clearance
  • 23/04/2563 04:40Bangkok EMS CentreArrival at inward office of exchange
  • 22/04/2563 06:20International (Japan)In transit
  • 22/04/2563 06:19International (Japan)Arrival at outward office of exchange
  • 21/04/2563 13:01International (Japan)Posting/Collection

·
Registered
55 Posts
So, shipping has been a problem, through this mess, and I have been following this thread. It has been quite interesting, and it has also been frustrating whenever I have placed an order and waited longer than I thought I would have to.

I certainly do get why it is this way, imagine that it is your job to hand a package to someone from another country, heck a different county right now. I have been humbled by the workers doing the little things that I used to have the luxury of taking for granted.

If you are on the front lines of this thing, God bless you, and stay safe.

I'm not sure how this will be perceived, but I thought it deserves a little perspective.

·
Special Member
2,493 Posts
imagine that it is your job to hand a package to someone from another country, heck a different county right now. I have been humbled by the workers doing the little things that I used to have the luxury of taking for granted.

If you are on the front lines of this thing, God bless you, and stay safe.

I'm not sure how this will be perceived, but I thought it deserves a little perspective.
Well Said! Today at my local Thailand Post Office!

Stay Safe and Well!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My domestic shipping has been fine. As worst maybe 1-2 days late.

International is a nightmare though. I sent out 2 packages on april 10, both going to different countries in europe. As of april 14 and 15, both have been “processed” at the los angeles international distribution center. Unfortunately until now it has moved and no further updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I just received another US GL831 from Larry, took 3 days. Domestic shipping times in the US hasn’t changed much for my recent deliveries.

International is another story. With the number of flights cut by more than half in some cases globally, there’s a lot less planes flying to dispatch all this mail.

As has been stated earlier about perspective, it’s not lost on me, some people have real problems they’re dealing with as a result of C-19.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Your item was processed through our SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on March 28, 2020 at 10:54 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Almost a month on a package hopefully in Thailand somewhere.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah, it’s definitely a First World Problem when I can sit here in comfy self-isolation and grumble about my parcel that is apparently on its way from Texas to NY by way of Hawaii (really!). It’s actually pretty impressive that the USPS is doing as well as they are given the health risks involved.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Good news for me, and maybe Europe in general. My package from Rome to London (for Simon) was received today. It took 10 days.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
As the OP I do want to state this thread was intended to raise awareness of how shipping times have been changing. If it came off sounding like I was grousing over a few days lost here or there, this was not the intent. A lot of us are seeing drastic shifts in packages coming and going due to the pandemic.

So if you are a postal worker, a UPS or FedEx worker, a grocery store or Wal-Mart employee, etc I am eternnally grateful to what you are doing. My thanks on top of all the thanks above in other posts. I wholeheartedly send my grateful thanks to ANYONE making life go on semi-normally during this pandemic.

Sure I have 2 packages completely lost in never-never land in Japan and the Phillipines. So what, they are old watches and parts. They will most likely get here some day. If not I really can't complain compared to what others are doing to combat the virus or suffering first hand.

Here in Northern NJ where we are, not much is normal. My accountant and half his office have COVID, my sister in law is positive but without symptons, my wife's friend's sister and mother have it bad but are alive, my co-worker in France was on a ventilator for a week and just now 'back to work' from home, you name it I feel everyone's pain and wish for speedy and full recoveries.

Take care y'all and sure our watch hobby has some consequences like shipping issues and vendors not shipping, Seiko USA parts department down until further notice for a month now, etc but we are healthy and that clearly is what matters in times like these.

Peace.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Japan post suspended shipments to US is my understanding. Free storage has been extended by 60 days. So, 90 days of free storage and hopefully things are moving again.

Rob

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Anythings possible now a days with everything that's going on. I sent a package to MD from PA which is normally a two day trip. Five days out, it's in MD but not out for delivery yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Op, I didn't think you were just complaining, it is just that these are extraordinary times and I have had my thinking shifted. I have had to come to terms with (as most of us have) the things that are really important.

My concern for the USPS (and other businesses) and even more the courageous employees that as you said keep a modicum of normalcy is what I have been learning to appreciate.

Also, today I shipped a package and the girl who helped me had a interesting name and I asked the origin, I instantly knew that it was Chinese as she was reluctant to answer. I regretting asking as it made her uncomfortable. I told her that while I do blame the Chinese Government I most certainly do not hold Chinese people so. I am sorry that she has probably faced some discrimination and I would like us to do better.

I hope you all are staying healthy and safe.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not so sure about domestic postage or sending items out of the U.K. to overseas.

However, on Friday April 24 at about 00:15 I pulled the trigger on a Seiko SKX007J2 from Creation Watches. I opted for the DHL shipping option (not for speed or free postage, more to get the “full set” of box, papers, warranty card, booklets etc) and was given an estimate for delivery on April 30.

That is impressive enough, 6 days from Singapore to the U.K., but it actually arrived today! 4 days to go half way around the world? Can’t argue with that!

C

PS - my better half has been sewing face masks over the last few weeks. She posted 2 to my mother who lives 45 miles away from us in the U.K. They took 4 days to get there. Go figure...

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Australia post, setting low standards and failing to achieve them.

Currimindi to my address is 74 klm and they estimate 9 days.
I think 4 days at the most would be acceptable (normally overnight by courier at very little extra).

Due to the coronavirus outbreak, deliveries may be delayed.

Sent
Step 1 - Completed - Sent Mon 27 Apr Mon 27 Apr
In transit
Step 2 - Exception - In transit
Out for delivery
Step 3 - Upcoming - Out for delivery
Estimated delivery
Step 4 - Upcoming - Estimated delivery Mon 4 May
Tracking details
Australia Post tracking #
  • 27 Apr 2020
  • 4:36pm
  • In transit
  • PALMVIEW, QLD
  • 27 Apr 2020
  • 1:05pm
  • Picked up from Sender
  • CURRIMUNDI, QLD
  • 26 Apr 2020
  • 9:14am
  • Shipping information received by Australia Post
  • 26 Apr 2020
  • 9:15am
I love my local postie, I love my local post office staff, But the systematic failing of this organisation is beyond me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Until we get back to normal I wouldn't ship internationally by USPS. I shipped a watch to the UK on April 6th and the parcel is still "moving within the USPS network "

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think some of the issue is down to the fact that recipients do not sign for items these days. I’m also not sure how much internal scanning goes on through the system.

The DHL driver who dropped off my watch yesterday never asked for a signature but he did stand a few yards along the pavement until I came to the door and brought the package inside (gloves on of course, leave the packet in the sun for a few hours, wash hands etc). I am assuming he signed for it himself?

Ive just been on the DHL site though and it is still listed as “out for delivery”

Until we get back to normal(ish)...

C

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
What my mail carrier would for packages that i have to sign for, on their scanner: he will write my name on the “Print Name” and then for the “signature box” he will write “covid19” then show me the screen before pressing Ok/Submit.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I just had a non-watch expensive item dropped off at my house (my wife got a new cell phone) that was 'signature requied'. The UPS driver just tossed it on my front steps and I watched him 'sign for it'.

I'm OK with this approach as long as it is a single house in question and isn't some sort of apartment building scenario, etc,

61 - 80 of 107 Posts