The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone here can steer me to a source for Superluminova watch hands in the standard hole sizes, 1.20/.70/.20. A couple of my favorites have ETA's inside, with non-lumed hands...which makes them less useful than I'd like. Actually, Seiko 'lumibrite' hands in these sizes would be good as well.
But...no luck so far with the US suppliers I know of.
On the bay, some Asian sellers offer the larger sizes (150/90/25) that LOOK well lumed (tho no real info in the ads). But these are too big anyway.
Any tips, gentlemen?
Thanks.

·
Registered
640 Posts
What lengths do you need? Cousins in the UK stock lume hands in the right fitting sizes but only in 12mm x 8mm and 12.5mm x 8.5mm lengths

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Maybe you could use quartz Seiko hands - but you'd need to get them broached to fit (reamed out) as they're 110/65/18. It would be easier to use Citizen quartz hands though - as some of them are 120/70/ with second hands varying from 15 to 20. There are various other manufacturers who use similar sizes, but Citizen/Miyota seem more readily available.
I think that the best solution would be to get the originals re-lumed, as lume materials are readily available on a near par with Superluminova.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts