The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll admit, I haven't been under the hood of a watch in 6 months...Yeah right ??? But I have been contemplating a build for "Dog Walking" Thanks for that John...So I decided to start with the movement this morning. Train wheel bridge Now fully jeweled...Before and after with Jewels from other Seiko watch parts. Next upper and lower arbor MS.

Attachments

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I add that this project will take some time, There are parts from around the world incoming...Patience !!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
VTA offer these on the bay. I have a number of sets either incoming or they are lost! Posted the 5th April, not moved since the 15th:(

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can confirm the barrel arbor plate side OD is .98.

Attachments

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I believe it is 1mm I have also been following this... Mainspring Arbor Size Ultimately I will jewel everything, No bushings. Install a hacking complication, I was contemplating upgrading to a 7549 hour wheel and day wheel so I could use 7549 hand set I have. Jury is still out. As it grows. The OD is reamed out to 1.6mm for the plate port using VTA jewels.

Reactions: Jayv007

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^Correct, 1mm^^

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I am still waiting for parts from over the pond, I have everything lined up to complete this project....Waiting !!!

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, This is the watch I'm starting with, It is all seiko except the insert.

So As I wait for parts.... The watch above has a 7C46 Dial PROFESSIONAL 600M, 6309A movement, Hands are from an Ashtray. I have a TST from John incoming. I am in the middle of fully jeweling a 6309A movement, Adding a 6306 hacking and Golden Tuna handset. Should look good as I am getting the Big Brass Crown on the TST. I'll see how she looks and probably tweek here and there. Been in the works for 2 months now...Waiting on parts. I also have a Black Tuna 1000m Seiko dial I may use and a Black insert ??? With a myriad of Seiko High end Parts and an exquisite TST I should be able to stumble on a keeper :)

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, The TST arrived today, I put together something like what I want. The movement work will have to wait until parts arrive. The Gold insert was too much and I had an extra Seiko 6309 Full rotating ring :) I think I'll swap out the chapter ring too...Any Thoughts ?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I'm curious as to the combination of movement and hands you're planning on. As far as I know, the 7c46 hands won't fit either your 6309 movement or one upgraded with 7549 minute and hour wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm curious as to the combination of movement and hands you're planning on. As far as I know, the 7c46 hands won't fit either your 6309 movement or one upgraded with 7549 minute and hour wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct,The Hands on this watch now are Golden ashtray 7C46 -6010 Dial and Hands, That is fitted to my 6309 Movement as pictured. On the Golden Tuna handset I have, The Hour Hand fits, Not the Minute Hand, The Seconds Hand Fits. It looks like the Minute cannon pinion from a 7549 is needed, I'll check. Anyway It is a pure seiko parts/project and I wanted at least 1 TST in the stable. Thanks Again John.

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Slowly...Parts are arriving....:)

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mainpspring arbor port Reamed....

20200620_120609.jpg

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, On with this...who ever is following...Real Time Posting of Current Project Continued:
These finally arrived today for those in the know...Thank You Stephan and Cousins...I Have everything I need to go ahead with this build. Too much to mention makes me want to have certain parts from certain folks and when it is together, I will have a Watch I will wear everyday.....Yep, It's that Time :)
20200701_151755.jpg
20200701_151825.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts