The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I crazy, or did one of our favorite ebay sellers actually take a square 7016 dial and put it in a round case? Maybe I am wrong, but I have not personally seen this style dial in a round case before?

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yes, it's a dial of a "monaco". Besides the cut reference, it looks cool I have to say.
But, as he doesn't mentioned in the auction it's a fraud imho - our favourite e-bay seller has the neccessary knowledge.

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is rather well executed, and if he represented and priced it modestly, I could even be tempted. To not mention it when you absolutely know because you did it (he also sells this dial seperately), and to price it like an original is fraudulent indeed..

Axel66 said:
Yes, it's a dial of a "monaco". Besides the cut reference, it looks cool I have to say.
But, as he doesn't mentioned in the auction it's a fraud imho - our favourite e-bay seller has the neccessary knowledge.

Cheers,

Axel
[/quote]

·
Registered
185 Posts
wow that is a long way to go to chop something up- its a shame as those are fantastic chrono's
It does indeed look like he cut the dial down- wow.
that is allot of work.

This particular seller- has been around literally forever- and is always selling junk-

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yesterday it was listed as a $499.99 buy it now, unbelievable - or I guess not unfortunately. Looks like it's gone this morning?

There seems to be another similar dialed 7016 listed by a different seller in it's presumably original four-cornered formation and with a somewhat lower current bid of $35...

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is still there.

Anyway, as we are clearly looking at a FrankenSeiko, I believe for discussion purposes I am ok to post the auction#. Here it is: 350354547221

ArgyBargy said:
Yesterday it was listed as a $499.99 buy it now, unbelievable - or I guess not unfortunately. Looks like it's gone this morning?

There seems to be another similar dialed 7016 listed by a different seller in it's presumably original four-cornered formation and with a somewhat lower current bid of $35...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts