The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Special Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of some 22mm spring bars to replace many of the older bars in my vast array of Seiko divers.

I've purchased some in the past and often got them when I bought the odd strap or two, but now have completely run out... often taking them from divers that have been furloughed.

So, I thought I'd pose the question to the Forum and ask for recommendations...

Seiko or aftermarket? Is an aftermarket bar just as good as a genuine Seiko spring bar?

Single or double shoulder? Are there any that are recommended as "the best"?

Sellers? Are there any on the forum who have good quality spring bars?

Any and all comments appreciated..

Best, as always,

Mike

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Double shoulder for me, I cant stand the singles. Too many issues getting them out after dirt and DNA builds up. AM seem just fine to me, never had any issues with them.

·
Special Member
4,549 Posts
Double shoulder for me, I cant stand the singles. Too many issues getting them out after dirt and DNA builds up. AM seem just fine to me, never had any issues with them.
Hi Jerry,
I wouldn't mind the double flange/shoulder but on inspection I've not run into a single one that has the same diameter of 1mm (or 1.1mm) ends as the seiko oem bars. Where are you getting yours, if you don’t mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mike,
Check these out. I've used the flangeless ones with drilled through lugs and they are stout.
These are double flanged

they also have 22mm

I think maybe Terry is a member here...?

Steve

Sent from my RCT6K03W13 using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Steve.... that's just what I was looking for.

And yes, I think Terry is on here from time to time.. I should have his email..will drop him a note.

About half of my collection has drilled lugs and the other half doesn't, so I'll order some of each.

Stay safe out there Steve..

Best, as always,

Mike

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Normally, I would recommend to buy from twente(o) on ebay, but it seems he's no longer active. Which is a shame, because he also had a) fat bars with small ends (for using diver straps on semi-diver cases) and b) 1.8mm bars with 1.1mm ends for use with "normal" straps (or simply diver straps made for "standard" size bars, like Tropics or Isofranes).

Anyone know what happened to him?

·
Registered
3,570 Posts

I've fitted / sold hundreds of the AM 2.5mm ones.
They're great (though had one guy complain that they rusted).
I've got about 60 atm.
Happy to send a couple to someone who's desperate for them ;-)

·
Special Member
4,549 Posts
Upon further inspection, the double flange fat spring bars I have do seem to have same diameter ends.

I guess I just assumed that those were narrower at the ends as there is more play (wobble) with those on the lug holes than the oem bars. I can see that it’s due to the shorter length of the ends.

·
Special Member
4,549 Posts
I'm in need of some 22mm spring bars to replace many of the older bars in my vast array of Seiko divers.

I've purchased some in the past and often got them when I bought the odd strap or two, but now have completely run out... often taking them from divers that have been furloughed.

So, I thought I'd pose the question to the Forum and ask for recommendations...

Seiko or aftermarket? Is an aftermarket bar just as good as a genuine Seiko spring bar?

Single or double shoulder? Are there any that are recommended as "the best"?

Sellers? Are there any on the forum who have good quality spring bars?

Any and all comments appreciated..

Best, as always,

Mike
I have about eight of the double flange, Mike, I’ll send them your way gratis.

·
Special Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Rey, but I couldn't impose on you for all of them. If you want to send 4 for now... maybe 2 of the double flanged type and two oem/no flange? Whatever you can spare.

Perhaps we can do some sort of group buy on a bunch of these.. I'm sure there could be other guys interested.

Thanks again Rey!

Best, as always,

Mike

·
Special Member
4,549 Posts
Hi John, I'll check with him...

Best,

Mike
Let me know what you find out with Jon, I would definitely be in it for a bulk buy.
Unless you’re using a bracelet and specially one with sel’s and without drilled through lug holes, you really don’t need anything other than the oem’s. Takes me literally a few seconds to remove a gl831 or dal1bp piece with oem bar.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Thanks Guys for this information and I think it will be helpful.
I use ...Both Spring Bars also.
I have found over a period of time using ... None Shoulder Spring Bars ...that they
...... EVENTUALLY WILL ENLARGE THE SPRING BAR HOLE IN THE CASE'S .
Like on the .... BFK's and some others I ...PLACE a very tiny ......
Harden Stainless Washer / Shim... to Stop .... it from ...... Over Penetrating or
Enlarging / AB-LONGING ........ The Spring Bar Hole.
It hardly can be seen but it still ...... Saves and Contains and looks good.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I’m interested in this too. Seems like in Europe these things are harder to come by... :(

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I’m interested in this too. Seems like in Europe these things are harder to come by... :(

Aloha M84,
If you use these .....Pic.1 The you can find small washers to slip on to them
for less .... Penetration. To much play in the ..Spring Bar Hole damages the case.

If you use these ...Pic.2 ...If they are long enough then the Washers can be used also.
It depends on .... The Length of the Spring Bar for use.
Many watch cases will eventually wear over the years though. The they have to be
..... Welded for repairs.
Things like ..... JB weld and some others will not with stand the Movement Pressure
for the Spring Bars over time.
Metal ...... has to be replaced with ..... Metal for this to be usable.
Louis

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts