The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My youngest daughter asked me to make her a watch, plain, simple but not the usual. So I came up with this from my bin of sample cases. It's an old lady's 1100 series (mechanical) case, approximately 15x28mm. The dial was blue. I sourced a new Seiko quartz movement, matched the dial to the leather strap from my favorite supplier in Germany and voila...



So now my little girl can see when it's break time at work.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
I thought it was funny when you said that your daughter asked you to make her a watch. Mine only asks me to make here "chocowat milkee". I guess now I know what I have to look forward to. :D

You did a wonderful job on that one. So is your daughter a collector too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
swedefreak said:
My youngest daughter asked me to make her a watch, plain, simple but not the usual. So I came with this from my bin of sample cases. It's an old lady's 1100 series (mechanical) case, approximately 15x28mm. The dial was blue. I sourced a new Seiko quartz movement, matched the dial to the leather strap from my favorite supplier in Germany and voila...



So now my little girl can see when it's break time at work.
Now that is gorgeous!!!

Cheers! Hamish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isthmus said:
I thought it was funny when you said that your daughter asked you to make her a watch. Mine only asks me to make here "chocowat milkee". I guess now I know what I have to look forward to. :D

You did a wonderful job on that one. So is your daughter a collector too?
If Gayle is to be a collector, this is her first watch. She still asks me to make "chocwat milkee" but in the form of a coffee-spiked blender concoction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
845 Posts
Enjoy it while you can Gabe. My daughter is now 15 and it turns out I am the dumbest man on the face of the earth. I would guess that Jonathan once held that title, but his daughter has now grown up enough to know he is only in the top 10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aladin_sane said:
Enjoy it while you can Gabe. My daughter is now 15 and it turns out I am the dumbest man on the face of the earth. I would guess that Jonathan once held that title, but his daughter has now grown up enough to know he is only in the top 10.
I'm still pretty dumb and uncool with my 21yo son, who is between the girls, 19 and 25. My eldest, however has actually come out and said her Dad is not such a dolt as she once imagined.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
I think a lot of Dads go through that, i know i did with my sons and i did with my dad, i always thought my Dad was a dumbo and knew nothing when i was a youngster, i soon learn't that he was a smart, tough, brave man and he still is
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
Oh no, so I get to go from Hero to Zero in my baby's eyes? :-[

Well at least I'll still have the perverse joy of torturing any boys she brings home with awkward questions and maybe embarasing her by showing him some baby pictures. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isthmus said:
Oh no, so I get to go from Hero to Zero in my baby's eyes? :-[

Well at least I'll still have the perverse joy of torturing any boys she brings home with awkward questions and maybe embarrassing her by showing him some baby pictures. :p
Just keep the chocolate milk coming. Of course, as the years pass, it will take different form.

And yes, later-on the joy of payback is immeasurable. Oh, how I love FaceBook and the ease of posting pix and tales. I love my children more than anything but the opportunity to tweak a nose here or there rarely passes unexplored.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top