Spot the replacement watch:

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently caught the watch bug again and replaced one of the following watches with the other. Can you spot the replacement and I would really like to know the rationale behind your reasoning. Have fun.

SKX007

Black Sumo

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm guessing you replaced the 007 with the Sumo. Rationale? That's what I would have done. ;D

You're right. That was fun. :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
You replaced the Sumo by the 007, because the pic of the Sumo was made in the 25th and of the 007 was made on the 27th.
I wouldn't have done that (unless of course it was a financial emergency), but to each his own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Logically, the Sumo replaces 007...but chanced upon your watch pics on researching pics/info about the Sumo, was intending to purchase one. And the FS thread just a day after my FS:007...gave it away.
Voted the 007 replaces the Sumo. ;D

OT: I was going to get a sumo, backed out because of the gap using other straps besides natos/zulus...got an 007, got tired instantly after opening the box. Wish I could rekindle that feeling for the 007 again, it was my first auto ever(thrice bought, sadly once gifted, twice flipped)...on purchase flames were there, but looking at the various wruw threads makes one think it over again. :'(

1st post here on scwf: Hi fellow enthusiasts...some familiar some new but expect all to be just as friendly.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'll play devil's advocate. You replaced the Sumo with the 007 because you realized (quite rightly) that a 007 is all the tool watch anyone ever needs and is an even better "value" than the Sumo. (Not that I don't like the Sumo, though). You have successfully avoided the "pricier is better" trap that the watch industry had depended on for decades to pad their pockets. Congratulations! ;)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
My guess was that you replaced the Sumo with the 007, simply because it wouldn't have been thread-worthy otherwise. ;)

(I hope I'm right, because if not I just called this thread "unworthy" lol)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had both Sumo's and SKX007's and keep coming back to the SKX, maybe you did the same?!!
Obviously I like both watches but the SKX just ticks more boxes for me.

Cheers

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
I think you went upmarket. I love the 007 more than anything (wearing one right now) but I'll betcha that you got the 007, and decided to upgrade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts