The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a diver bezel and need to replace the bezel click spring, the round flat ring that goes around the case and has 2 little feet and 2 or 3 raised areas that make the bezel click and keep it unidirectional.
I'm also looking for a new retaining spring (octagonal spring wire) that goes inside the bezel.

Can anyone suggest a source a place to find part nos? I see a lot of the retaining springs on the bay for other makes 0.5mm but not sure if thicknesses are universal (I can always cut down the length). e.g. Citizen and (older) Seiko, same size wire?

thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've used the springs from inside a spring bar, and bearing from a biro, to replace a bad ring click/detent bearing. Not sure if this idea helps you though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting idea, do you know the gauge/thickness of the wire? I'm getting about 0.43mm or about 0.017".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What’s the case number?

82005003156HST

Also, this is just a musing, but why did Seiko go from the wire retaining spring to a gasket, is the latter better somehow? Can a gasket be used in place of the wire (or is the groove too small)?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Looks like that should be S003156 with an 8200 movement. It's a "Dolphin Diver" from a non-USA market, I believe.
Best to get the original retaining spring for it. I've substituted with an electric guitar string in the past, but they are ferrous and will eventually rust. You could probably find some stainless music wire on McMaster and make one.
I have seen some citizen bezels almost impossible to remove as the original spring became wedged between the case and bezel and the spring ended up deforming the case upon removal, not to mention almost ruining the case to remove the bezel...so be careful what you replace it with. The wire gauge was likely .013" or .017" diameter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts