The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started to become interested in building watches as a hobby so bought a non running 1980s Seiko 5, Sport 100, Gold on black with a 6923A day/date movement inside. Day/date at 3 Hrs and stem at 4 Hrs.

I have found the Seiko 7N33 movement fits using a modified case ring but while removing the 6923A I bent the hour and minute hands. (I'm more used to working with 2 stroke and petrol engines which need a bit more force than these pieces of fine engineering).

Can anyone tell me where there is a supplier of hands that will fit my 7N33 and also be a suitable design for the Sport 100 gold on black face/dial please.

Taking information from the 7N33 description the specification for the hands is as follows:
hour 1.10,
minute .65,
second .21 mm
But when I try and find suitable hands on sites such as Cousins UK I get totally lost as to what style/fit I am trying to track down.

Any help will be very much appreciated,
Bern

·
Researcher
5,268 Posts
Most all Seiko quartz movements use 110/65/20 hands, so you can look around the net and find the hands you want to use, then cross check the movement for hand size.
Cousins UK will sell you parts, or Rob from monsterwatches ( Robbie409 ) may be able to help.
Harold (search for yobokies) and Jake at 10watches also sell hands, but most are for auto size hands .
There is a wealth of pics, catalogues and old advertising signs, plus a link to the watch photo database available on the other sub forums of this site.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7s26b,
Thank you for replying so quickly and for all the information.
The problem I have with Cousins is due to my lack of experience. When I try and identify a set of hr, minute and second hands I get confused as to what information they want me to enter under their various search criteria.
I'll get in touch with Robbie409 and see if he can help me.
Many thanks,
Bern

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
NZ,
I've had a look at their site using the 7N33 movement as my starting point.
The stage I get stuck at is how to identify the hands they have to match the size and style of what will fit and look appropriate for my 1980s black and gold SQ Sport 100. I appreciate this might seem a bit odd.
It might help me understand things more clearly if I ask for your help in a different way.
If you were me and you had a 7N33 which you wanted to put into a 1980s Seiko SQ Sport 100 which of the Essllinger hands would you choose to match up to the style of the SQ please?
Again my apologies for failing to grasp the basics of this,
Bern
I've added a picture of a SQ Sport which looks like mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NZ,
Thank you for your help and patience.
I'll take a look and order a set.
Your help is very much appreciated,
Bern

1 - 9 of 9 Posts