The Watch Site banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
it seems that all of the stuff we loved from the older versions of the site are just being replaced by some cookie cutter version of some other sites...
they can keep changing things but they will finally learn when those who are the heart of the site leave
very foolish to mess with something that works...
just my 2 cents
God Bless,John
Did Veriscope change WUS as well?

·
Registered
19 Posts
5 post wonder
My mistake - spilled fluids, why the name change?
I'm always up for a name change; keeps it fresh ;)
I was also taking a chance that my name and e-mail address had been lost in the shuffle due to being banned in the past for name changes among other things :rolleyes:

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
I logged on this morning and was treated to Ads from both Netflix and Adobe in the oversized Right Margin along with big bold boxes with information about the discussions such as how many replies and how many participants. The layout of the new website has greatly reduced the actual physical size of Content in the Middle Section and added a rather large Right Hand Section for Statistics, Promotions, and Advertising. The actual content is Harder to Read and Navigate and has been minimalized. Also you will notice the Watch Site in Oversized Big Bold Font with The Seiko and Citizen Watch Forum underneath in tiny little letters.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
The old SCWF has been Hijacked buy to owners of WUS.............

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
well one thing they need to fix right away is not being able to respond to messages thru Tapatalk
i think there is a large portion of us who do not use the computer for everything and we use the phone or tablet to view and post on here
that is a MUST HAVE
God Bless,John

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
I am trying to Like the New Website. I just used the Like button but after using it realized I DO NOT LIKE the Like Button. IMO likes turn websites into Social Media platforms where a popularity contest ensues. Likes allow judgement, agreement, or approval based on each individual reply. It is too much, unnecessary, and this is Not Facebook. For some websites I think likes work well and are entirely appropriate but not here.

I have always enjoyed the SCWF because the focus was always on the Excellent Content generously offered by Exceptional Gentlemen. We are not here to be Liked - Many of us are here because we Like to spend time with others who enjoy Seiko Watches. We are not seeking approval from anyone.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Those watches on the header, really? Can we have some more erm, iconic Seiko Citizen watches?? Please?

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Hilarious seeing the people with 5 whole hours of membership and 1-3 posts beaming and and praising the look of the website. I smell a couple rats.
Exactly,Seems I fear we have gained some Trolls.😮

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Just testing something here Kyle. I appreciate your perspective on the "like" button but you still have the opportunity to respond with meaningful content by simply using the quote button, right? Insofar as collecting and/or tabulating "likes" is concerned, how is that any different from points being awarded using Tapatalk?
I am trying to Like the New Website. I just used the Like button but after using it realized I DO NOT LIKE the Like Button. IMO likes turn websites into Social Media platforms where a popularity contest ensues. Likes allow judgement, agreement, or approval based on each individual reply. It is too much, unnecessary, and this is Not Facebook. For some websites I think likes work well and are entirely appropriate but not here.

I have always enjoyed the SCWF because the focus was always on the Excellent Content generously offered by Exceptional Gentlemen. We are not here to be Liked - Many of us are here because we Like to spend time with others who enjoy Seiko Watches. We are not seeking approval from anyone.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I've been member since around 2010 under one name or another. Most recent was Spilled Fluids. In that time, I've seen all the forms the site has taken, from Network54 to this new one.
Peter Great To see you again my friend👏👏👏👍

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Thank God for that!
4 posts and Your sounding like you have been here a While
How would my Avatar Bug You if your New To The Site And it’s not worked on here??? Yeah Right!! Troll elsewhere

I would swear Yodas Back In The Building Playing Jedi Mind Tricks!!

Move Along or Keep your Fake opinions to yourself.

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
I fully expect to be permanently banned from this website for my reply but I feel like I need to say this:

A message to the owners of this website:

You suck and your timing sucks! Everyone is going through unimaginable upheavel in their lives from the unknown dangers of the Corona Virus. Our lives have been completely turned upside down. So much has been taken away from us so quickly and there is very little left to enjoy.

The SCWF was one of the last few places we could go and enjoy. We could go online and connect with our friends over Seiko watches. It was our last refuge from a rapidly changing and deteriorating world. It was always a comforting place to go and you have turned it into an unrecognizable and confusing place just like the Rest of the World is Now.

Shame on You!

Kyle

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fully expect to be permanently banned from this website for my reply but I feel like I need to say this:

A message to the owners of this website:

You suck and your timing sucks!. Everyone is going through unimaginable upheavel in their lives from the unknown dangers of the Corona Virus. Our lives have been completely turned upside down. So much has been taken away from us so quickly and there is very little left to enjoy.

The SCWF was one of the last few places we could go and enjoy. We could go online and connect with our friends over Seiko watches. It was our last refuge from a rapidly changing and deteriorating world. . It was always a comforting place to go and you have turned it into an unrecognizable place just like the Rest of the World is Now.

Shame on You!

Kyle
Try out Wrist Sushi ;)

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Well I can say a few good things
They fixed the messages
And I can see pics again on my phone
I think there will be real growing pains doing this too
God Bless,John
I do agree the timing of all this is poor at best